Pointers to TAG work on versioning formalism

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 10:36:55 -0400
To: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>, "T.V Raman" <raman@google.com>, rubys@us.ibm.com, jar@creativecommons.org
Cc: www-tag@w3.org
Larry, Sam, Raman and I had a hallway discussion at the AC meeting a few
minutes ago, and I promised to send some links to the work Jonathan Rees
has done for the TAG on formalisms for versioning.  From a quick search of
the archives, the formalism was first discussed in detail in a brief
session at the end of the F2F in Kansas City this fall [1].  The minutes
of that KC discussion are not very detailed, but they include a link to an
email [2] in which Jonathan sketches a more formal approach to dealing
with versioning.  The formalism work I mentioned in the hall this morning
is in that email.  I have a vague recollection that Jonathan may have
since converted that to non-email form and/or updated it, but I couldn't
find such updates.

I will in a moment send an email with a summary of my understanding of the
status of TAG work on versioning.

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2008/09/25-minutes#item07
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2008May/0155.html