W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > March 2009

Agenda for TAG teleconference of 12 March 2009

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 20:48:24 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org
Cc: connolly@w3.org
Message-ID: <OF476BCDF5.40E1A822-ON85257576.00043A2A-85257576.0004706F@lotus.com>
A proposed agenda for the TAG's teleconference of 12 March 2009 is 
available at [1,2].  A text copy is attached below.  Thank you.

Noah Mendelsohn
TAG co-chair

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/03/12-agenda
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly

--------------------------------------
Noah Mendelsohn 
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142
1-617-693-4036
--------------------------------------

   [1]W3C | [2]TAG | Previous: (Telcon) Prev: [3]3-5th March Next: 19
   March 2009

      [1] http://www.w3.org/
      [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
      [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/03/03-agenda

              Agenda of 12 March 2009 TAG teleconference

   Nearby: [4]Teleconference details - [5]issues list and [6]Issue
   Tracker ([7]handling new issues) - [8]www-tag archive - [9]tag
   archive
    1. Convene
          + Chair: Noah, Scribe: John (unconfirmed)
          + Roll call -- Regrets: Ashok, Tim.
          + Note future regrets: John (19 March), Jonathan (19 March),
            Tim (19 March), Larry (26 March)
          + Agenda Review - [10]this agenda
               o Pending Action Items: Chair proposes that TAG give him
                 permission to close this week's PENDING REVIEW issues
                 at his discretion. See [11]email from Noah.
          + Next Telcon: Propose 19th March 2009; Chair: Noah; Scribe:
            Larry
          + Future scribes: Henry > Jonathan > Dan
    2. Administrative items (Brief)
          + Status check on F2F minutes
          + Chair update on group priorities and issue tracking
          + [12]WBS Survey on proposed 2-6 November 2009 W3C Technical
            Plenary (TPAC) (W3C member only) to be held in Santa Clara,
            CA.
               o Recent tradition is that those TAG members who are at
                 TPAC anyway meet for a half day Monday, and a half day
                 Friday, and we also attempt to make ourselves
                 available to other working groups on a best effort
                 basis during the week. Typically we do not have a
                 quorum and thus don't make binding decisions. Do we
                 want to continue the tradition at the November 2009
                 TPAC? Would anyone prefer attempting a more formal TAG
                 meeting at TPAC?
               o Survey response is due from the chair by 18 March
                 2009. We should indicate whether we expect to attend,
                 likely number of attendees, etc.
    3. Metadata
          + Background:
               o Pursuant to [13]ACTION-227, Jonathan Rees prepared
                 [14]a survey of issues relating to metadata.
               o See email thread starting with [15]Jonathan's
                 announcement of the survey document.
          + Goals:
               o [16]ACTION-227 should be closed.
               o Review Jonathan's draft.
               o Decide what, if anything, the TAG should do in the
                 area of metadata.
    4. CURIEs in RDFa, @rel, and the HTML profile attribute
          + Background:
               o The TAG has, within the last week, been [17]asked to
                 help resolve concerns with the use of CURIEs in RDFa
                 and with the HTML profile attribute.
               o See also athe very long email thread that began with
                 an [18]email message from Mark Nottingham to www-tag
                 titled "Using XMLNS in link/@rel", which in turn led
                 to a message to the public-html list from Julian
                 Reschke titled [19]@rel syntax in RDFa (relevant to
                 ISSUE-60 discussion), was: Using XMLNS in link/@rel.
                 The long thread starts with that; early messages in
                 the thread were not cross-posted to www-tag, but later
                 ones were (starting with [20]this one).
          + Goals:
               o Review www-tag discussion of this issue
               o Decide what steps, if any, the TAG wants to take to
                 help the community resolve these concerns.
    5. contentTypeOverride-24 ([21]ISSUE-24):
          + Background:
               o Dan Connolly [22]suggests that we discuss the draft
                 [23]Content-Type Processing Model, by Ian Hickson and
                 Adam Barth; the draft proposes interoperable rules for
                 Content-type "sniffing" in browsers. Note that the
                 draft acknowledges at one point that it is in "...
                 willful violation of the HTTP specification.
                 [24]RFC2616]".
          + Goals:
               o Decide whether TAG wants to respond to the
                 Content-Type Processing Model draft.
    6. XMLVersioning-41 ([25]ISSUE-41).
          + Background:
               o The TAG had earlier decided not to actively pursue
                 development of the finding on versioning.
               o HTML working group action 108 [26]requests that the
                 TAG consider HTML when working on versioning
               o See thread starting with [27]John Kemp email on
                 updating AWWW good practice note on versioning
               o The following actions are open under ISSUE-41, but the
                 chair proposes not to discuss them in detail on this
                 call:
                    # [28]ACTION-183 (David Orchard) Incorporate
                      formalism into versioning compatibility
                      strategies. Due 3 March 2009.
                    # [29]ACTION-229 (Noah Mendelsohn) Noah to respond
                      to John Kemp proposal of Feb 17 on versioning.
                      Due 13 March 2009.
          + Goals:
               o Decide whether, given the background referenced above,
                 we want to again work actively on versioning, and if
                 so, with what specific goals.
    7. Overdue Action Items:
          + [30]Overdue actions in [31]Tracker
    8. Any other business
     _________________________________________________________

      [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#telcon
      [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues
      [6] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
      [7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jul/0054.
      [8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
      [9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
     [10] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/03/12-agenda
     [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Mar/0112.html
     [12] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34786/TPAC2009/
     [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/227
     [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/02/metadata-survey.html
     [15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Feb/0221.html
     [16] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/227
     [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Feb/0295.html
     [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Feb/0270.html
     [19] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Feb/0753.html
     [20] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Feb/0279.html
     [21] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/24
     [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly.html
     [23] http://ietfreport.isoc.org/idref/draft-abarth-mime-sniff/
     [24] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2616.txt
     [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/41
     [26] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/108
     [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Feb/0147.html
     [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/183
     [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/229
     [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue
     [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/


    Noah Mendelsohn for TAG
    $Revision: 1.297 $ of $Date: 2009/03/11 00:45:58 $

   [32]Valid XHTML 1.1

     [32] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer
Received on Wednesday, 11 March 2009 00:49:42 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:13 GMT