Re: @rel syntax in RDFa (relevant to ISSUE-60 discussion), was: Using XMLNS in link/@rel

From: Karl Dubost <karl+w3c@la-grange.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 13:34:32 -0500
Cc: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>, Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>, RDFa mailing list <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>, public-xhtml2@w3.org, "www-tag@w3.org WG" <www-tag@w3.org>
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>

Le 1 mars 2009 à 12:58, Dan Brickley a écrit :
> I've toyed with registering a FOAF uri scheme, such that foaf:title
> is a foaf: URI scheme URI for the thing normally known by the URI http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/title
>
> ...however I don't like the dynamic this creates: everyone who
> creates an RDF vocabulary will now be under pressure to go register
> their favoured short name as a URI scheme too, so that someone else
> couldn't take that name later and subvert the intended meaning of
> instance data using the original schema.

Indeed.

Hmm What's happening right now with RDFa Parser and search engines
when the namespaces is not declared? Is there an implementation report
for this?

hmm let's make a [test case][1] of a file using rel values with no
namespace declaration. It is an XHTML 1.1 + RDFa as prescribed by the
current specification. The file contains:

* rel="cc:attributionURL"
* rel="dc:source"

1. The file is DTD [considered valid][2] (normal) but it is not
conformant with regards to the spec. That would be cool to have Shane
adding a module for checking this.

2. I have used [RDFa distiller][3] with output format=N-triples,
Generate warnings, Parser=lax, xhtml, whitespace preserved. So at
least RDFa distiller detects the mistake.

_:EHoETTqx5 <http://www.w3.org/2007/08/pyRdfa/distiller#message>
"CURIE used with non declared prefix: cc".
_:EHoETTqx5 <http://www.w3.org/2007/08/pyRdfa/distiller#onURI> <http://www.la-grange.net/2009/03/01/rdfa-nonamespace
 >.
_:EHoETTqx6 <http://www.w3.org/2007/08/pyRdfa/distiller#message>
"CURIE used with non declared prefix: dc".
_:EHoETTqx6 <http://www.w3.org/2007/08/pyRdfa/distiller#onURI> <http://www.la-grange.net/2009/03/01/rdfa-nonamespace
<http://www.w3.org/2007/08/pyRdfa/distiller> <http://www.w3.org/2007/08/pyRdfa/distiller#error

[1]: http://www.la-grange.net/2009/03/01/rdfa-nonamespace
[2]: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.la-grange.net%2F2009%2F03%2F01%2Frdfa-nonamespace&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0