Re: Splitting vs. Interpreting

On Jun 18, 2009, at 10:57 AM, Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol) wrote:

> Xiasho,

I think possibly there may be a misunderstanding here about the
meaning of the phrase "obtained from". If I walk up to the Web, so to
speak, and throw a URI at it, then what I get back is (as Stuart says)
a representation of something. But what I managed to make contact
with, and what sent me that representation, and which that
representation is a(n awww:)representation of, is supposed to be a
resource of some (special) kind. And Ive been reading Xaioshu as
meaning that that resource, whatever it is, is what is "obtained from"
the Web; in which case, his position makes more sense (though I still
don't agree with it :-)

Pat