W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > July 2009

Agenda for TAG teleconference of 23 July 2009

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 21:00:42 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org
Message-ID: <OF498B4257.04B9A750-ON852575FB.000504D3-852575FB.00055116@lotus.com>
The agenda for the TAG teleconference of 23 July 2009 is available at 
[1,2].  A text-only copy is also appended to this email.   Note that the 
non-administrative items are arranged according to the three main TAG 
priorioties [3] agreed at the June TAG F2F.  The agenda includes a cross 
references from each of those to associated issues and open actions.  TAG 
members are encouraged to consider these agenda items, and to send 
corrections, ahead of the call.  Thank you.

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/07/23-agenda
[3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/TagPriorities.txt

--------------------------------------
Noah Mendelsohn 
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142
1-617-693-4036
--------------------------------------


   [1]W3C | [2]TAG | Previous: (F2F) Prev: [3]23-25 June 2009 Next: 6
   August 2009

      [1] http://www.w3.org/
      [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
      [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/23-agenda

               Agenda of 23 July 2009 TAG teleconference

   Nearby: [4]Teleconference details - [5]issues list and [6]Issue
   Tracker ([7]handling new issues) - [8]www-tag archive - [9]tag
   archive
    1. Convene
          + Chair: Noah, Scribe: Ashok Malhotra (unconfirmed)
          + Roll call -- Regrets: John Kemp, Jonathan Rees, Tim
            Berners-Lee
          + Agenda Review - [10]this agenda
          + Next Telcon: 6 August 2009 Chair: Noah; Scribe: John Kemp
            (unconfirmed)
          + Future scribes: John -> Jonathan -> Larry
    2. Approval of Minutes from June F2F
          + [11]23-25 June 2009 (F2F)
    3. Administrative items (Brief)
          + [12]TAG Summer Teleconference Schedule (W3C member-only)
          + Reminder that a [13]Call for Exclusions has been sent for
            patents relating to the [14]First Public Working Draft of
            our Finding on Usage Patterns For Client-Side URL
            parameters.
          + Reminder of future F2F meetings:
               o 23-25 Sept 2009 @ MIT (Per [15]resolution of 24 June
                 2009)
               o 2-6 November 2006 @ [16]W3C Technical Plenary, Santa
                 Clara, CA
               o 8-10 December 2009 @ MIT - contingent on on
                 consultation with John Kemp and T.V. Raman (Per
                 [17]resolution of 25 June 2009). Raman has since
                 [18]confirmed that this plan is OK with him, but
                 warned that he may not attend.
       Note: the remainder of this agenda is structured according to
       the [19]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/TagPriorities.txt
       that were [20]agreed at the June 2009 TAG F2F.
    4. HTML
          + Background:
               o Discussion of versioning and HTML at June 2009 TAG F2F
                 ([21]session 1 and [22]session 2)
               o June 2009 F2F discussion of [23]plans to review HTML 5
                 drafts
               o [24]Architectural Considerations for Language
                 Versioning for the Web (Note from Larry Masinter and
                 Jonathan Rees)
               o Ian Hickson [25]announces availability of initial
                 drafts of HTML 5 authoring specifications. This is, in
                 part, in response to a [26]suggestion made by Noah in
                 October 2008, shortly after the HTML/TAG joint working
                 group meeting at the Mandelieu Technical Plenary.
          + TAG Issues relating to this discussion:
               o [27]ISSUE-20 (errorHandling-20) What should
                 specifications say about error handling? shepherd:
                 Henry Thompson
               o [28]ISSUE-33 (mixedUIXMLNamespace-33) Composability
                 for user interface-oriented XML namespaces (no
                 shepherd)
               o [29]ISSUE-41 (LanguageVersioning-41) What are good
                 practices for designing extensible languages and for
                 handling versioning? shepherd: Larry Masinter
               o [30]ISSUE-54 (TagSoupIntegration-54) Tag soup
                 integration. shepherd: Henry Thompson
          + TAG Actions relating to this discussion:
               o [31]ACTION-283: Update document on version identifiers
                 w.r.t. Cambridge June discussion - Larry Masinter.
                 Due: 2009-07-24
               o [32]ACTION-287: Schedule telcon time for Larry to walk
                 us through a few short sections of HTML 5 document -
                 Noah Mendelsohn. Due: 2009-08-04
               o [33]ACTION-288: Arrange "divying" of HTML 5 into
                 sections such that each part of spec is read by at
                 least one TAG member - Henry Thompson. Due: 2009-07-02
          + Goals:
               o Validate and refine TAG plan of action for work on
                 HTML.
               o Discuss specific technical issues (TBD on the call).
    5. Architecture of the Web of Applications
          + Background:
               o [34]Agreement at the June 2009 technical plenary that
                 architectural issues relating to Web Applications will
                 be a [35]TAG priority.
               o [36]Draft Table of Contents for TAG work on Web
                 Applications.
               o June 2009 F2F discussions:
                    # [37]W3C work on APIs
                    # [38]Web Application State Management
                    # [39]Javascript security
                    # [40]Mobile Web
                    # Web Architecture for Applications ([41]session 1
                      and [42]session 2)
               o Ashok [43]asks whether TAG should review the
                 [44]Geolocation last call draft.
               o We have published a working draft [45]Usage Patterns
                 For Client-Side URI parameters ([46]discussion of Web
                 Application State at the June 2009 F2F -- we decided
                 at the end of this discussion to delay further work on
                 this draft until more progress is made in framing the
                 broader issues relating to Web Application
                 architecture.)
          + TAG Issues relating to this discussion:
               o [47]ISSUE-60 (webApplicationState-60) Web Application
                 State Management shepherd: T.V. Raman
          + TAG Actions relating to this discussion:
               o [48]ACTION-264: Draft agenda item for upcoming telcon
                 discussion of geolocation and privacy - Ashok
                 Malhotra. Due: 2009-07-11
               o [49]ACTION-273: Carry forward framing issues around
                 Archicture of APIs, with help from JK and LM - Ashok
                 Malhotra. Due: 2009-06-15
               o [50]ACTION-275: Propose concrete steps wrt GeoPriv
                 after consultion with W3C members/staff - Dan
                 Connolly. Due: 2009-06-30
               o [51]ACTION-276: Take GeoPriv discussion with IETF
                 forward in person in July - Larry Masinter. Due:
                 2009-06-30
               o [52]ACTION-278: Draft changes to 2.7 of Metadata in
                 URIs to cover the "Google Calendar" case - Jonathan
                 Rees. Due: 2009-07-07
               o [53]ACTION-279: Draft a message to webapps chairs
                 relaying TAG concerns around CORS - Henry Thompson.
                 Due: 2009-06-24
               o [54]ACTION-280: (with John K) to enumerate some CSRF
                 scenarios discussed in Jun in Cambridge - Dan
                 Connolly. Due: 2009-06-30
               o [55]ACTION-284: Flesh out the Web Application
                 (http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/webAppsTOC.html)
                 outline with as many sentences as he can - Jonathan
                 Rees. Due: 2009-07-01
          + Goals:
               o Validate and refine TAG plan of action for work on Web
                 Application Architecture.
               o Discuss specific technical issues (TBD on the call).
    6. Metadata
          + Background:
               o June 2009 F2f [56]discussion of metadata access and
                 formats
               o [57]Framing an Architecture for Metadata on the Web
                 (email from Larry Masinter in relation to
                 [58]ACTION-254; see also [59]response from Ashok)
               o Pre-June F2F Background
                    # Pursuant to [60]ACTION-227, Jonathan Rees
                      prepared [61]a survey of issues relating to
                      metadata.
                    # See email thread starting with [62]Jonathan's
                      announcement of the survey document.
          + TAG Issues relating to this discussion:
               o [63]ISSUE-36 (siteData-36) Web site metadata improving
                 on robots.txt, w3c/p3p and favicon etc. shepherd: Dan
                 Connolly
               o [64]ISSUE-55 (utf7Encoding-55) Security issues with
                 incorrect metadata (no shepherd)
               o [65]ISSUE-63 (Metadata Architecture for the Web)
                 Metadata Architecture for the Web shepherd: Larry
                 Masinter
          + TAG Actions relating to this discussion:
               o [66]ACTION-254: Send email to www-tag announcing
                 issue-63 - Larry Masinter. PENDING REVIEW
               o [67]ACTION-281: Keep an eye on progress of link header
                 draft, report to TAG, warn us of problems - Ashok
                 Malhotra. Due: 2009-08-01
               o [68]ACTION-282: Draft a finding on metadata
                 architecture - Jonathan Rees. Due: 2009-08-31
          + Goals:
               o Review Larry's proposal for [69]Framing an
                 Architecture for Metadata on the Web.
               o Validate and refine TAG plan of action for work on
                 metadata access and formats.
               o Discuss specific technical issues (TBD on the call).
    7. Pending Review Items:
          + [70]Pending review actions in [71]Tracker
    8. Overdue Action Items:
          + [72]Overdue actions in [73]Tracker
    9. Any other business
     _________________________________________________________

      [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#telcon
      [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues
      [6] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
      [7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jul/0054.
      [8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
      [9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
     [10] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/07/23-agenda
     [11] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/23-agenda
     [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/summersched.pdf
     [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009May/0068.html
     [14] http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-hash-in-uri-20090415/
     [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/24-minutes.html#item05
     [16] http://www.w3.org/2009/11/TPAC/
     [17] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/25-minutes.html#item03
     [18] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/25-minutes.html#item03
     [19] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/TagPriorities.txt
     [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/25-minutes.html#item04
     [21] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/23-minutes.html#item03
     [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/24-minutes.html#item03
     [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/25-minutes.html#item06
     [24] 
http://w3.org/2001/tag/doc/versioning-html/versioning-html-20090611.html
     [25] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-comments/2009Jun/0016.html
     [26] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-comments/2008Oct/0003.html
     [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/20
     [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/33
     [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/20
     [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/54
     [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/283
     [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/287
     [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/288
     [34] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/25-minutes.html#item04
     [35] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/TagPriorities.txt
     [36] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/webAppsTOC.html
     [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/23-minutes.html#item02
     [38] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/23-minutes.html#item04
     [39] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/23-minutes.html#item05
     [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/24-minutes.html#item01
     [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/24-minutes.html#item04
     [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/25-minutes.html#item05
     [43] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Jul/0049.html
     [44] http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-geolocation-API-20090707/
     [45] http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-hash-in-uri-20090415/
     [46] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/23-minutes.html#item04
     [47] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/60
     [48] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/264
     [49] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/273
     [50] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/275
     [51] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/276
     [52] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/278
     [53] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/279
     [54] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/280
     [55] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/284
     [56] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/24-minutes.html#item02
     [57] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Jul/0153.html
     [58] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/254
     [59] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Jul/0154.html
     [60] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/227
     [61] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/02/metadata-survey.html
     [62] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Feb/0221.html
     [63] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/36
     [64] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/55
     [65] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/63
     [66] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/254
     [67] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/281
     [68] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/282
     [69] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Jul/0153.html
     [70] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
     [71] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
     [72] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue
     [73] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/


    Noah Mendelsohn for TAG
    $Revision: 1.384 $ of $Date: 2009/07/22 00:53:55 $

   [74]Valid XHTML 1.1

     [74] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer
Received on Wednesday, 22 July 2009 00:59:22 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:15 GMT