Re: Near final draft of TAG finding on the Self-Describing Web

Mark Baker wrote:
  > My concern is with the mention of the application/xml media type
> there, which I feel inappropriate because RFC 3023 doesn't license,
> for example, that an XHTML document delivered as application/xml is
> intended to evoke XHTML semantics.

I agree with this concern.  We have actually removed application/xml
from recent drafts of the XHTML Media Types document [1] because we feel
discussing it as a viable XHTML media type is misleading - in particular
because the follow-your-nose story for it is muddled.

[1] http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Drafts#xhtml-media-types