Re: @rel syntax in RDFa (relevant to ISSUE-60 discussion), was: Using XMLNS in link/@rel

From: Rob Sayre <rsayre@mozilla.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 17:27:22 -0500
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
On 2/28/09 5:11 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:
>  Rob Sayre wrote:
> > You can Solve Any Problem... if you're willing to make the problem
> > small enough,
>
>  What concerns me more than coordination costs is that RDFa in
>  text/html is proceeding:
>
>  http://rdfa.info/wiki/RDFainHTML4
>  http://esw.w3.org/topic/RDFa#head-681001ee6c73e87bd692e29693b3904e462fd9f2
>  http://www.w3.org/Submission/2008/SUBM-ccREL-20080501/
>  http://www.whitehouse.gov/

Well, that doesn't look like a very good plan to me, but I don't think
the HTML WG needs apply stop energy.

from http://rdfa.info/wiki/RDFainHTML4:
>  ...prefix mappings are defined using the XML Namespace mechanism
>  (xmlns:foo="someURI"). This is a well known mechanism, and people in
>  the XML and RDF communities are used to using it. This mechanism will
>  work fine in HTML4+RDFa documents - RDFa parsers will recognize the
>  "xmlns" attributes as prefix maps and act accordingly.

If the RDFa community believes that mechanism "works fine" today, I
don't see what the problem is.

- Rob

" You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means"
- Inigo Montoya