Re: @rel syntax in RDFa (relevant to ISSUE-60 discussion), was: Using XMLNS in link/@rel

From: Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 19:34:53 -0800
Cc: "www-tag@w3.org WG" <www-tag@w3.org>
To: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
On Feb 27, 2009, at 9:22 AM, Ben Adida wrote:

> Henri Sivonen wrote:
>> What I meant to say that I agreed with mnot's erratum idea
>
> It is incorrect to use the term "erratum" to discuss a proposed major
> change to a REC with numerous implementors and deployed markup that do
> not consider this an error.

Oh, please, spare us the grief.  The TAG warned over and over and over
again that use of QNAMEs (by any name) in contexts where a URI might be
found would violate Web architecture because they interfered with the
extensibility of URI schemes.  If software breaks because of RDFa
arrogance, then so be it.

....Roy