Re: FYI: broken links in TAG finding uriMediaType-9

Hello,

On the previous TAG call, I took an action to investigate the broken
links referred to below, and, if appropriate, to fix them.

On Jan 28, 2009, at 4:47 PM, ext Michael Hausenblas wrote:

> TAG-members,
>
> FYI: In the TAG finding 'Mapping between URIs and Internet Media
> Types' [1]
> we've got two un-cool links:
>
> + http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eastlake-cturi-03.txt and

This I-D was replaced by draft-eastlake-cturi-04, which then expired
and was not replaced.

Thus there is no known-stable link either to the version cited in this
finding, or to any subsequent related I-D or RFC that I can find.

The above appears to have subsequently been replaced by RFC 3553 <http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3553.txt

I would propose that the reference links, <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eastlake-cturi-03.txt
 > and
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mealling-iana-urn-02.txt>
be removed from [1], but that the references themselves remain. I
would also propose that a note be added to the second reference, to
the effect that draft-mealling-iana-urn-02 was replaced by RFC 3553,
and then provide a reference to that RFC, including the link. As these
references are informative, I believe that such changes are editorial
in nature.

Regards,

- johnk