RE: Link: relation registry and 303

Mark & Stuart & Phil,

Would something like the following represent a reasonable compromise for the Link headers RFC?

For standard relations:
 - Normatively define short names for the standard terms;
 - Informatively suggest that those who wish to model these relations in RDF use the corresponding URIs defined in POWDER to do so.

For extension relations:
 - Normatively specify that extension relations are directly identified by absolute URIs (RFC3986 sec 4.3);
 - Informatively suggest that those who wish to define extension relations follow the guidelines in "Cool URIs for the Semantic Web"
http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-vocab-pub/#recipe2
(I'm guessing on this last URI -- I'm offline and cannot check it).

David Booth, Ph.D.
HP Software
+1 617 629 8881 office  |  dbooth@hp.com
http://www.hp.com/go/software

Statements made herein represent the views of the author and do not necessarily represent the official views of HP unless explicitly so stated.