XRD <uri> vs. Link: anchor=

From: Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 08:10:53 -0500
To: xri-comment@lists.oasis-open.org, Eran Hammer-Lahav <eran@hueniverse.com>
Cc: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
[ bcc: www-tag  for the TAG's information.  To broaden the discussion
beyond XRD change the cc: list as appropriate. ]

XRD <uri> seems to do exactly what the Link: header's anchor=
parameter does [1]. It would be nice if the two used the same token to
communicate this function.  As <uri> is not descriptive of the role
played by the URI, I recommend updating XRD to match Link:, by
renaming the <uri> element (or attribute, should you go that route) to
be <anchor>.

Jonathan

[1] http://www.mnot.net/drafts/draft-nottingham-http-link-header-07.txt

(p.s. I wonder if HTML5's <link> element should have an 'anchor'
attribute, for symmetry ...)