Re: usage of 'resource' vs 'representation' in HTML 5, CSS, HTML 4, SVG, ...

Karl Dubost wrote:
> DanC,
>
> Le 9 déc. 2009 à 23:55, Dan Connolly a écrit :
>> But as I say, I'm sympathetic to the position that (outside of the Semantic Web) this
>> abstraction just makes talking about all this stuff more complicated.
>

> What do you think about the explanation given in CHIPs (Common HTTP Implementation Problems)
> http://www.w3.org/TR/chips/#uri

Well, it needs to be both updated and fixed...:

"Note also that the HTTP Etag can be shared by identical resources that
have different URIs. For example, if http://mirror1.example.org/foo and
http://mirror2.example.org/foo share the same ETags, you can then deduct
that those are equivalent resources."

This is incorrect.

Besides that, it may have some overlap with the much quoted "Cool URIs
don't change"; so maybe this should be consolidated into a single
document...

Best regards, Julian