Re: rel=CURIE in RDFa, but rel=URI in Link:

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 10:33:43 +0200
To: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, "Shane McCarron" <shane@aptest.com>
Cc: "Roy T.Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>, "www-tag@w3.org WG" <www-tag@w3.org>

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 09:41:49 +0200, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
wrote:
> I think the other point Roy was making that link relations are URIs, not
> IRIs, so new specs that allow non-ASCII characters in link relations
> should deal with the information the loss when transferred as URI.

To my knowledge HTML4 was the first specification to define link relations
and they were not URIs and could contain non-ASCII characters if you
defined one yourself if you declared a profile:

   http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/types.html#type-links

Also, they are case-insensitive and therefore might need to be normalized
if you want to "bind" them to a URIs.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>