Re: rel=CURIE in RDFa, but rel=URI in Link:

Shane McCarron wrote:
> FWIW I agree with you.  This only came up because the Link: header
> proposal had some short relationship names in it.  If the Link: header
> rel values can have short names, then they should map directly to URIs

They do. See
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-nottingham-http-link-header-02.html#rfc.section.3.1>.

> (for sem web purposes). All we were saying is that we have such URIs
> already at http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml/vocab# and Link: resolution
> could use those. It could also use others - I don't mind.

I think the other point Roy was making that link relations are URIs, not
IRIs, so new specs that allow non-ASCII characters in link relations
should deal with the information the loss when transferred as URI.

BR, Julian