Re: rel=CURIE in RDFa, but rel=URI in Link:

From: Michael(tm) Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 18:51:10 +0900
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>, www-tag@w3.org

Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, 2008-09-12 11:27 +0200:

>  Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> >> HTML5, as currently drafted, already allows URIs in link/@rel to the same
> >> extent @xmlns takes a URI. That is, using a URI as a rel token is allowed
> >> (if the extension designer registers it on the wiki), but the token is
> >> compared as a string--not as a URI.
> > Also, note that such tokens (e.g. stylesheet) are compared in an ASCII
> > case-insensitive manner.
>
>  ...where does it say that?

It doesn't seem to currently, but I think it's just an oversight.
Where browsers actually do something with them, they seem to
handle them case insensitively. (Right?)

> And what does that imply for the comparison of
>  relation names that contain non-ASCII characters?

I don't think the spec defines any handling of case folding around
non-ASCII characters, and not sure what if anything browsers
actually do with it either.

  --Mike

--
Michael(tm) Smith