Re: iphone urls

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@yahoo-inc.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 19:04:57 +1000
Cc: HTTP Group Working <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
To: Stefan Eissing <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de>, W3C TAG <www-tag@w3.org>

Interesting. It would be useful to educate users as to why using URI
schemes like this isn't a good idea, and illustrate the alternatives
(namely, media types). I.e.,

If only we had some sort of technical architecture... board or panel
(or even group!) to help document these things for the Web...

Seriously, though. Looking through the TAGs findings, I think most of
the relevant documents are too dense to be useful to developers like
this.

How about a "So You Want to Create a URI Scheme" guide, with practical
advice about when it's a good idea and when it's not, examples, trade-
offs, caveats, and details of what this means in *existing* code?

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham       mnot@yahoo-inc.com