Re: I-D ACTION:draft-nottingham-http-link-header-01.txt

Hi Mark,

Having the link types be URIs will be a great help in solving a number
of issues we've been dealing with around associating metadata with
resources.

I have one suggestion for the document - rather than having the link-
extensions, with the default (i.e. not necessarily stated in the
headers) base of
http://www.iana.org/assignments/link-relations.html I would instead
either leave that mechanism out, or add something like a Link-Prefix:
header that allows one to set a prefix in the way one does for
namespaces or RDF serializations.

Ideally the IANA registry would be served as RDF (perhaps by conneg).
In this way, resolution and discovery of relations could be uniform.
An agent wishing to discover what

Link-Prefix: "", "http://www.iana.org/assignments/link-relations#"
Link: <http://www.cern.ch/TheBook/chapter2>; rel="Previous"

Would do exactly the same thing as working with:

Link-Prefix: "dc:", "http://purl.org/dc/terms/"
Link: <http://mumble.net/~alanr/ThePersonAlanRuttenberg>;
rel="dc:creator"

Regards,