Re: Uniform access to descriptions

From: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 10:58:30 -0400
To: "Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol)" <skw@hp.com>
Cc: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>, Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>, "www-tag@w3.org WG" <www-tag@w3.org>

Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol) scripsit:

> Hard to deploy? Well, yes and no depending on the server software
> you are using and your access priviledges. That's a pragmatic problem
> induced by the design of servers and the admin policies under which
> they operate. It's not a problem of Architecture.

If you want Aunt Tillie to participate in the Semantic Web as a publisher
and not just a passive consumer, in the same way that she can participate
in the Document Web today, then you can't brush off the problem as
merely pragmatic.  Architecture has to live within the constraints of
its host environment, or it's mere beating the air.

--
Go, and never darken my towels again!           John Cowan
        --Rufus T. Firefly                      http://ccil.org/~cowan