Re: [httpRedirections-57] Resource-Decription Header: a possible proposal to consider.

From: Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 15:35:08 -0500
Cc: "Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol)" <skw@hp.com>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>, Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>, Jonathan Borden <jonathan@openhealth.org>
To: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>

On Feb 8, 2008, at 8:02 AM, Richard Cyganiak wrote:

> Stuart,
>
> On 7 Feb 2008, at 14:59, Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol) wrote:
>>> There seem to be two issues worth discussing here:
>>>
>>> 1. The perceived need for a generic "metadata channel" in HTTP,
>
> Regarding this issue, a lot of motivating use cases and points of
> pain have now been shown elsewhere in the thread, and I was wrong
> to dismiss it.
>
> I still prefer
>
>    Link: <foo>;rel=meta

Just found this:
http://esw.w3.org/topic/LinkHeader
which is a wiki page written by TimBL, with edits by Roy Fielding,
dated last December.

The page points to the POWDER suggestion to use Link:, among other
things.

I'm accumulating the links from this discussion and others that I'm
tracking down on a wiki page, http://esw.w3.org/topic/
FindingResourceDescriptions .

Best
Jonathan