Re: [httpRedirections-57] Resource-Decription Header: a possible proposal to consider.

From: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 12:29:41 -0600
Cc: ext Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>, "Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol)" <skw@hp.com>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>, Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>, Jonathan Borden <jonathan@openhealth.org>
To: "ext Jonathan Rees" <jar@creativecommons.org>

On Feb 12, 2008, at 12:08, ext Jonathan Rees wrote:

> On Feb 12, 2008, at 11:47 AM, Patrick Stickler wrote:
>>
>> Something like http://sw.nokia.com/uriqa/URIQA.html  ???
>>
>> We've been using this approach successfully for years at Nokia...
>> FWIW.
>>
>> Patrick
>
> ... MGET would require some changes to the server code.

Just as an aside, it has always seemed to me that as we are talking
essentially about what may very well be a "backbone" of the semantic
web (or one facet of that backbone), which we'll be using (once
established)
for quite some time to come, and that tweaking the server code a bit
doesn't seem too much to ask.

Granted, if there is as good a solution that doesn't require tweaking
the server code, great, but perhaps this is not the time to adopt a
less than optimal architecture just to avoid a new delta in the
codebase.

Just a thought...

Cheers,

Patrick