Re: Uniform access to descriptions

From: Xiaoshu Wang <wangxiao@musc.edu>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 00:37:37 +0100
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
CC: "Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol)" <skw@hp.com>, Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>, "Michael K. Bergman" <mike@mkbergman.com>, "www-tag@w3.org WG" <www-tag@w3.org>, Phil Archer <parcher@icra.org>

Julian Reschke wrote:
> Xiaoshu Wang wrote:
>> Julian Reschke wrote:
>>>
>>> Well, I gave an example (associating a CSS stylesheet with legacy
>>> HTML).
>> Bind the CSS stylesheet and HTML to the same URI. Given the
>> stylesheet a MIME type?
>
> Why would I ever want that? Is the content and the stylesheet the same
> resource? No.
Julian,

This depends on what do you mean resource.  But in both your case and
mime, they are different things. In my model, the legacy data is
different from the stylesheet too.  They collectively describe a
resource denoted by the URI they are bound too.  It is just you can them
different resources and I can them different representations.  This is
the issue I am trying to debate.

Xiaoshu