Re: reference needed - w3.org versioned documents

On 2008-04 -03, at 18:35, ashok malhotra wrote:

> Right!  So, we agree that resources can have multiple representations.
> If the resource were a horse, you may have a picture of the horse, a
> text description of the horse, etc.

No.

A representation of X in the architecture is a digital encoding of the
content of X.
  A horse doesn't have information content.

I think you would say "There can be many documents associated with a
horse: you may have a picture of the horse, a text description of the
horse, etc."

> It would be useful to provide a method to find all representations
> (or representation types) of a resource.
> Then, some form of (extended) content negotiation could be used to
> get at a particular representation.

Content Negotiation is ONLY for different encodings/languages/versions
of the same information.

Tim