Re: New draft finding on issue namespaceDocument-8

Hi!

fre 2007-10-05 klockan 13:05 +0100 skrev Henry S. Thompson:

> Norm Walsh and I have produced a new draft [1], responding to problems
> some commentators had with the proposed RDF model.  Comments welcome.

I am confused by reading this document [1] and the HttpRange-14 proposal
at [2] together.

The two documents, while not in direct conflict, still seem to propose
two completely different approaches. And together, they don't give any
good guidance at all.

Suppose I produce a namespace, i.e. a set of names, for a controlled
vocabulary of, say, chemical compounds, and I want to identify them
using the URIs

http://chem.example.org/compounds#H2O

etc. I then read [2], and set up a content neg URI at
http://chem.example.org/compounds, the namespace URI, that gives RDF and
HTML versions.

Then I read [1], and suddenly I wonder if I've done the right thing or
not. The document does not even reference content negotiation other than
in a very small passage in section 4, and even then only refers to "RDDL
1.0, RDF through GRDDL, etc.".

On the other hand, I know I'm creating a namespace, but still [2] does
not mention "namespace" even once, and certainly does not mention how
RDDL would fit into the picture.

Please consider the interaction between these documents. They are
currently way too confusing when taken together.

Maybe the above has already been addressed elsewhere. If so, please
ignore the above :-)

/Mikael

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/nsDocuments/
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/httpRange-14/2007-08-31/HttpRange-14.html

--
<mikael@nilsson.name>

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose