Re: IRIEverywhere-27 addressed by XQuery and other recent W3C Recommendations?

On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 10:36 -0600, Dan Connolly wrote:
> Tim,
>
> A while back, you drafted some questions and formulas
> about the relationships between URIs and IRIs.
>   http://www.w3.org/2003/04/iri.html
>
> I think these have been answered in the XQuery F&O specs
> and the XML Namespaces 1.1 Recommendation.

briefly... in working on IRI vs URI in the GRDDL spec,
it seems there's perhaps more that could be done...

[[[[
I did some spelunking and found that both webarch and XML Schema
predate the IRI spec, and XQuery seems to cite XML Schema for xs:anyURI.

So I changed the formal occurrences to "IRI", but left many
of the informal occurrences as "URI", and added a note,
in the "Resource Descriptions" subsection of the intro, right
after we make the point about "unambiguous URIs"...

[[
Note that GRDDL follows HTML 4, RDF, and XML Schema in using
Internationalized Resource Identifiers, i.e. IRIs[RFC3987]. While in
informal usage, this specification uses the more familiar term URI
interchangeably with the recently standardized term IRI, the formal
rules use the relevant terms precisely.
]]
]]]]
-- clarifying IRI vs URI [was: HP review for LC] Dan Connolly (Thursday,
1 March)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Mar/0008.html

Norm also noted some XML Core work on "XML Resource Identifiers"
and noted that spaces are allowed in xsd:anyURI but not
in IRIs. That belongs in a test suite somewhere.... are
there XQuery tests for spaces in namespace names?

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E