Request for Comments on Enabling Read Access for Web Resources

TAG Community,

On June 18 the Web Application Formats WG published a new WD of:

   Enabling Read Access for Web Resources
   <http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-access-control-20070618/>

[[
This document defines a mechanism to selectively provide cross-site
access to a web resource. Using either a HTTP header or an XML
processing instruction (or both), resources can indicate they allow
read access from specified hosts (optionally using patterns). When a
pattern is used, one can also exclude certain hosts. For instance,
allow read access from all subdomains of example.org (*.example.org)
with the exception of public.example.org  (public.example.org).

The mechanism defined in this specification extends the "default
browser security sandbox" to allow read access for cross-site
resources. The extension opens a constrained hole in the browser's
"default sandbox".
]]

On behalf of the WG, we request comments on this document (preferably
before August 3) but please send them to:

   <mailto:public-appformats@w3.org>

We are particularly interested in any comments about the mechanism
defined in this spec being inconsistent with the AWWW.

Regards,

Art Barstow
---

Begin forwarded message: