Re: New draft of Elaborated Infosets document (xmlFunctions-34)

From: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 12:02:32 -0500
To: "Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol)" <skw@hp.com>
Cc: "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>

Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol) scripsit:

> Is there such a specification of the infoset produced by a "conformant"
> XML parser? If so, a reference would be helpful.

The Infoset WG tried to write one until we discovered such minor
embarrassments as that a conformant parser is required to notify its
caller about attributes, but not about elements.  So we gave up on that
and just talked about the infoset of a document, which a parser may or
may not report in full.

--
John Cowan  cowan@ccil.org  http://ccil.org/~cowan
Any sufficiently-complicated C or Fortran program contains an ad-hoc,