Re: Yet another victim of the "we need our own URN" myth: New Zealand

From: Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 11:39:31 -0800
Cc: www-tag@w3.org
To: Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>

I already tried to dissuade them

The fact of the matter is that the TAG is completely ineffectual
at influencing the public after they have made up their minds and
committed to a given design.  It would be better for the TAG to
write a finding that contradicts the long-held and foolish opinion
in the IETF that made-up name registries like URN are somehow better
than made-up name registries like DNS.  At least then people can
read it before they receive government funding for their own
private URN space.