Re: Yet another victim of the "we need our own URN" myth: New Zealand

From: Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 11:39:31 -0800
Cc: www-tag@w3.org
To: Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>

I already tried to dissuade them

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2005Feb/0057.html

The fact of the matter is that the TAG is completely ineffectual
at influencing the public after they have made up their minds and
committed to a given design.  It would be better for the TAG to
write a finding that contradicts the long-held and foolish opinion
in the IETF that made-up name registries like URN are somehow better
than made-up name registries like DNS.  At least then people can
read it before they receive government funding for their own
private URN space.

....Roy