Re: a fly-by of Compound Document (WICD) specs w.r.t. TAG issues

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 19:56:47 +0100
To: "Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 19:48:25 +0100, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org> wrote:
>>> Re xlinkScope-23: What is the scope of using XLink?
>>>
>>> it seems that XLink is used for some, but not all links in WICD
>>> http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-CDR-20051121/#link-activation
>>
>> We are not using XLink, SVG is. ;-)
>
> If that's intended as any more than a joke, could you clarify?

The document you reference is the framework. It is intended not to be
language specific. (Section 2.3 needs some revision.)

WICD is about XHTML referencing SVG (mostly), but that does not mean we
are using XLink for links. We are just reusing XHTML and SVG as they are
defined.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>