From: www-tag-request@w3.org on behalf of Elliotte Harold
Sent: Thu 2/10/2005 9:35 AM
To: John Boyer
Cc: paul.downey@bt.com; www-tag@w3.org; derhoermi@gmx.net
Subject: Re: Significant W3C Confusion over Namespace Meaning and Policy

Something has been bothering me about this assertion throughout the
threads. Why do you assume that collections are time invariant? In
general, they're not. For instance, the collection of all living people
on planet Earth or all episodes of "As the World Turns" changes on a
pretty regular basis.

Does adding a new item to a collection necessarily mean the collection
is now a different collection? And even if it is true in some
mathematical formalisms that collections are made up of a fixed and
unchanging set of members, is that the definition of collection used or
implied by Namespaces in XML?