Re: Initial Draft Finding on Principle of Least Power

From: Elliotte Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 03:40:46 -0500
To: noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com
CC: www-tag@w3.org

The first paragraph in section 1 states that SQL is Turing complete. I
could be wrong about this, and it could depend on the dialect, but I
don't think SQL is Turing complete, at least not in its usual standard
incarnation. A quick Google search on "SQL Turing complete" turned up these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turing-complete
http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200207/msg00704.html