W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > September 2004

Agenda: TAG F2F 5th-7th October 2004 in Basel.

From: Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol) <skw@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 15:31:16 +0100
Message-ID: <8D5B24B83C6A2E4B9E7EE5FA82627DC9396884@sdcexcea01.emea.cpqcorp.net>
To: <www-tag@w3.org>

The agenda for the TAG F2F in Basel is available at:

	http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2004/10/05-07-tag.html

A text version is included below.


Best regards

Stuart
--
========================================================================

             Agenda of 05-07 October 2004 TAG face-to-face meeting

   Nearby: [3]issues list ([4]handling new issues) - [5]www-tag archive

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html
      [4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jul/0054.html
      [5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/

0. Local Arrangements

   Detailed [6]email from Roy

      [6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2004Aug/0027.html

   Meeting at the [7]Day office in Barfusserplatz, [8]Basel.

      [7] http://www.day.com/content/en/contact/basel.html
      [8] http://www.basel.ch/?lang=en&ctool_page_id=663

          Day Software AG
          Barfusserplatz 6
          4001 Basel
          Switzerland
          T +41-61-226 98 98
          F +41-61-226 98 97
          [9]ch.info@day.com

      [9] mailto:ch.info@day.com

  0.1 Outline Agenda

    Meeting Goals

     * Propose responses to all LC#2 comments
     * Progress on Issues and Findings

    [table deleted]

  1. Administrative

    1. Appoint scribes!
    2. Roll call.
    3. Minutes from 19 July?
    4. Accept the [11]minutes of the 27 Aug teleconf?
    5. Accept this [12]agenda?
    6. Next meeting: 18th October?

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2004/09/27-tag-summary.html
     [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2004/10/05-07-tag.html

  1.2 People Changes

    1. Welcome Noah
    2. [13]Role changes (member only)

     [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2004Sep/0062.html

  1.2 TAG Charter

    1. [14]Update from Ian (member only)

     [14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2004Sep/0058.html

  1.3 Future F2F Meeting Plans

    1. 29th-30th November 2004
       Boston, MA, USA.
       Also: Participation in [15]W3C@10 and [16]W3C AC Meeting. (1st
Dec
       2004)
       [17]AC looking for 'lively' discussion (member only)

     [15]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-members/2004JulSep/0010.html
     [16]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-members/2004AprJun/0060
     [17]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-forum/2004JulSep/0029.html

   We only have F2F meeting scheduled through 29-30 November 2004. We
   need to give some thought to whether the meet/be present at W3C All
   Groups merting and Technical Plenary. The TAG election results should
   be available by late Jan/early Feb. The TP provides an early
   opportunity for the 'new' TAG to meet F2F. It is important that TAG
   nominees know when the first F2F of the new TAG will be after the
   election.

   Possible meeting opportunities:
    1. 28th Feb- 4th March 2005
       [18]W3C Technical Plenary, Boston, MA, USA.
    2. 10-14th May 2005.
       [19]WWW2005 Chiba, Japan.
    3. 6-7 June 2005
       [20]W3C AC Meeting, Cannes, France.
    4. Summer 2005 in [21]Kanas (a break with a Canadian tradition)?
    5. October 2005?

     [18]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2004JulSep/0092.html
     [19] http://www.www2005.org/
     [20]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2004JulSep/0092.html
     [21] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2004Sep/0006.html

     _________________________________________________________________

2. Webarch 2nd Last Call Review

   Objective: To respond to all 2nd last call comments.

  Resources

    1. [22]1st Last Call issues list (sorted by section)
    2. [23]1st Last Call Annotated version of WebArch
    3. [24]List of actions by TAG participant
    4. [25]2nd Last Call WD
    5. Archive of [26]public-webarch-comment
    6. [27]2nd Last Call Comments Tracking page
    7. [28]WebArch Editors copy (updated 28th September)

     [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/lc1209/issues.html
     [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/lc1209/webarchWithIssues.html
     [24] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/lc1209/actions_owner.html
     [25] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-webarch-20040816/
     [26] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webarch-comments/
     [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2004lc/lc-status-report.html
     [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2004/webarch-20040816/

  2.1 Information Resources, Web Resources and httpRange-14

   The (co-)chair believes that resolution of the discussion of comments
   centred on "information resources" is inextricably linked with the
   'infamous' TAG issue [29]httpRange-14.

     [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#httpRange-14

   We should (again) invest a significant amount of time trying to nail
   this one.

   Resources
    1. [30]Patrick Stricker's comment and resulting [31]thread on
       "information resource".
    2. [32]Sandro Hawke's proposed alternate text and [33]www-tag
thread.
    3. [34]Stuart's proposal (and [35]revised) and [36]www-tag thread.
    4. For background: [37]Harry Halpin/Henry Thompson on "Web Proper
       Names".
       Also, discussion of same on [38]www-rdf-interest@w3.org.

     [30] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2004Sep/0000.html
     [31]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2004Sep/thread.html#0
     [32]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webarch-comments/2004JulSep/0
057.html
     [33]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2004Sep/thread.html#59
     [34]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webarch-comments/2004JulSep/0
086.html
     [35] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2004Sep/0151.html
     [36]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2004Sep/thread.html#132
     [37] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2004Sep/0111.html
     [38]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/2004Sep/thread.html
#120

  2.2 Other LC#2 Comments

   [39]2nd Last Call Comments Tracking page

     [39] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2004lc/lc-status-report.html

     _________________________________________________________________

3. TAG Issues and Findings in Progress.

   See also [40]open actions by owner and [41]open issues.

     [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/actions_owner.html
     [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html?view=normal&closed=1

3.1 Review and Status of Open TAG Issues.

   Review will continue starting with [42]siteDate-36
     * [43]siteData-36 : Web site metadata improving on robots.txt,
       w3c/p3p and favicon etc.
     * [44]abstractComponentRefs-37 : Definition of abstract components
       with namespace names and frag ids
     * [45]putMediaType-38 : Relation of HTTP PUT to GET, and whether
       client headers to server are authoritative
     * [46]rdfURIMeaning-39 : Meaning of URIs in RDF documents
     * [47]URIGoodPractice-40 : What are good practices for URI
       construction?
     * [48]XMLVersioning-41 : What are good practices for designing
       extensible XML languages and for handling versioning?
     * [49]ultimateQuestion-42 : What is the answer to life, the
       universe, and everything.
     * [50]DerivedResources-43 : How are secondary resources derived?
     * [51]xmlChunk-44 : Chunk of XML - Canonicalization and equality
     * [52]mediaTypeManagement-45 : What is the appropriate level of
       granularity of the media type mechanism?
     * [53]xml11Names-46 : Impact of changes to XML 1.1 on other XML
       Specifications

     [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues#siteData-36
     [43] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#siteData-36
     [44]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#abstractComponentRefs-37
     [45] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#putMediaType-38
     [46] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#rdfURIMeaning-39
     [47] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#URIGoodPractice-40
     [48] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#XMLVersioning-41
     [49] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#ultimateQuestion-42
     [50] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#DerivedResources-43
     [51] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#xmlChunk-44
     [52] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#mediaTypeManagement-45
     [53] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#xml11Names-46

  3.2 Review and Status of Findings in progress

   Draft findings
     * [54]The use of Metadata in URIs
     * [55]Versioning XML Languages
     * [56]Separation of semantic and presentational markup, to the
       extent possible, is architecturally sound
     * [57]Abstract Component References
     * [58]XML Chunk Equality

     [54] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/metaDataInURI-31.html
     [55] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/versioning-20031003
     [56] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/contentPresentation-26.html
     [57] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/abstractComponentRefs-20031030
     [58] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/xmlChunkEquality.html

  3.3 Status of Action Item status

   Report on completed actions.

   [59]fragmentInXML-28
          ACTION CONTINUES: Chris: Write up a summary of the resolution
 
[60]http://www.w3.org/2004/05/14-tag-summary.html#fragmentInXML
          -28

     [59] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues#fragmentInXML-28
     [60] http://www.w3.org/2004/05/14-tag-summary.html#fragmentInXML-28

   [61]xmlProfiles-29
          ACTION Norm: Get XML Core WG to take on XMLProfiles-29

     [61] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues#xmlProfiles-29

   [62]binaryXML-30
          ACTION: Norm to add xbc use cases to binaryXML-30
          ACTION Chris: Review the connection between the use cases and
          the taxomony on Chris's note

     [62] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues#binaryXML-30

   [63]metadataInURI-31
          ACTION Stuart revise finding (well overdue).
          ACTION Paul find out what happened to DaveO's action item
          there.

     [63] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues#metadataInURI-31

   [64]mixedUIXMLNamespace-33
          ACTION Norm update the issues list to point to "The W3C
          Workshop on Web Applications and Compound Documents
          [65]http://www.w3.org/2004/04/webapps-cdf-ws/summary"

     [64] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues#mixedUIXMLNamespace-33
     [65] http://www.w3.org/2004/04/webapps-cdf-ws/summary

   [66]xmlFunctions-34
          ACTION timbl take another stab at specifying the problem

     [66] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues#xmlFunctions-34

     _________________________________________________________________


    Stuart Williams for the W3C TAG
    Last modified: $Date: 2004/09/30 14:27:15 $
Received on Thursday, 30 September 2004 14:31:49 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:47:28 GMT