RE: new text for Information Resource (section 3.1)

From: Bullard, Claude L (Len) <len.bullard@intergraph.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 10:03:14 -0500
To: 'Sandro Hawke' <sandro@w3.org>, Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com
Cc: www-tag@w3.org

The question I ask is does the terminology of the
AWWW change what an implementer perceives as a
requirement or best practice?

Math was cumbersome until the invention of zero.
For all the philosophical sophistry possible when
talking about nothing, zero is just a placeholder.
It makes the notation practical.  To me, a resource
is a zero.  An information resource means has
a dereferencable value.  I don't find that a hard
concept to grasp or one that would cause me to
implement a web application differently.

len