W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > October 2004

TAG Telcon Agenda for 25th October 2004

From: Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol) <skw@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 16:02:32 +0100
Message-ID: <8D5B24B83C6A2E4B9E7EE5FA82627DC94D2B18@sdcexcea01.emea.cpqcorp.net>
To: <www-tag@w3.org>

The agenda for the TAG telcon on 25th October can be found at:

	http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2004/10/25-tag

and is included in text below.

Best regards

Stuart Williams
--
========================================================================
==

                Agenda of 25th October 2004 TAG teleconference

   Nearby: [3]Teleconference details - [4]issues list ([5]handling new
   issues) - [6]www-tag archive

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#remote
      [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html
      [5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jul/0054.html
      [6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/

1. Administrative (15 mins)

    1. Roll call. Regrets: None
       Scribe: Chris Lilley volunteered for this meeting.
    2. Meeting Records
         1. Accept minutes of [7]18th October telcon(see [8]attachment)
    3. Accept this [9]agenda?
    4. TAG Summaries
       Review of Monthy Summary Report
       From 5-7th Oct F2F :Paul volunteered to do the next monthly
report
       and noted that the AC report is cumulative of the previous three
       reports.
          + ACTION PC: create draft summary for AC, get it to Steve
Bratt
            by Oct 22
          + ACTION TBL: to investigate possible staff contact for TAG,
            due date 20 October 2004
       [will add pointers when available]
    5. Date of next meeting: propose Monday 1 November 2004
       Appoint scribe for next meeting.

      [7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2004Oct/0111.html
      [8]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2004Oct/att-0111/_tag.html
      [9] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2004/10/18-tag.html

  1.1 Technical Plenary

    1. Observers - see [10]email from Dan (member visible)
    2. TAG Requested Liasons?

     [10] http://www.w3.org/mid/1098221958.30433.1042.camel@dirk

  1.2 TAG Charter

    1. Brief reminder that TAG feedback has been [11]requested from TAG
       by 25 Oct (i.e.. today).

     [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2004Oct/0027.html

2. Technical (75 min)

   See also [12]open actions by owner and [13]open issues.

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/actions_owner.html
     [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html?view=normal&closed=1

  2.1 Review of 2nd Last Call Document (30-45mins)

    1. Report from the Editor:
          + ACTION: NDW to fix "One particularly useful mapping in the
            case of flat namespaces (specified, for example, in
[RDFXML])
            is to combine the namespace URI, a hash ("#"), and the local
            name, thus creating a URI for a secondary resource (the
            identified term)."
          + ACTION: NDW to fix "relevant specifications", incorporating
a
            cross-reference to 3.1.1 Details of retrieving a
            representation.
          + ACTION: NDW to attempt to incorporate input from NM and RF
            etc. on generalizing representations.
    2. Generalised Representations
          + Need to decide whether this is a direction we want to take
            (for this edition of Webarch).
    3. Publication Schedule
          + PR Planning ([14]email from DanC) (member visible)
            ACTION DC: draft a request for proposed recommendation,
based
            on Norm's draft.
          + Open Threads (see below)
          + Decisions and/orRevise Plan? (from [15]F2F?)
            ACTION CL: to cause draft of press release to happen
    4. [16]LC#2 Status Open Threads
          + Use of "assign" for URI -> resource
               o [17]...
               o [18]2004-10-11T15:39:27Z from skw
               o [19]2004-10-11T16:59:53Z from LMM
                 ACTION: SW to Close that thread Use of "assign" for URI
                 -> resource
               o [20]2004-10-15T19:34:49Z from connolly
          + Representation of a secondary resource?
               o [21]2004-09-21T15:54:05Z from jacek.kopecky
                 Done ACTION: DC to to reply to commenter re primary and
                 secondary resources. CONTINUES. with apologies
               o [22]2004-10-20T13:25:40Z from connolly
               o [23]2004-10-20T14:50:03Z from jacek.kopecky
          + KD005 thru KD016: Comments on Web Arch WD - 2004-07-05
            (see separate threads for each - how many can be closed?
            it may be useful to visit [24]KD007, [25]KD011 and
            KD[26]014/[27]015)
          + HTML WG last call comment on
            http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-webarch-20040816/
               o [28]...
                 Done ACTION: SW to update HTML WG on specific text re
                 xlink
               o [29]2004-10-19T13:20:54Z from skw
               o [30]2004-10-20T15:41:07Z from steven.pemberton
               o [31]2004-10-20T16:27:08Z from connolly
          + non-authoritative syntaxes for fragment identifiers
               o [32]...
               o [33]2004-09-27T23:38:25Z from myriam.amielh
               o ACTION: RF to reply [closed] and pls fwd your question
                 to www-tag for discussion re non-authoritative syntaxes
                 for fragment identifier
       Any other open threads that we can usefully discuss (proposals
can
       be added to the agenda).

     [14] http://www.w3.org/mid/1098389031.14529.340.camel@dirk
     [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2004/10/05-07-tag.html#plan234
     [16] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2004lc/lc-status-report.html
     [17] http://www.w3.org/mid/416AA92F.1020707@hp.com
     [18] http://www.w3.org/mid/416AA92F.1020707@hp.com
     [19] http://www.w3.org/mid/0I5F00H5GJ7TZJ@mailsj-v1.corp.adobe.com
     [20] http://www.w3.org/mid/1097868888.30433.533.camel@dirk
     [21] http://www.w3.org/mid/1095782045.2943.125.camel@Kalb
     [22] http://www.w3.org/mid/1098278739.30433.1133.camel@dirk
     [23] http://www.w3.org/mid/1098283803.3024.80.camel@Kalb
     [24]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webarch-comments/2004OctDec/0
095.html
     [25]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webarch-comments/2004OctDec/0
089.html
     [26]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webarch-comments/2004OctDec/0
094.html
     [27]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webarch-comments/2004OctDec/0
066.html
     [28] http://www.w3.org/mid/417514B6.80204@hp.com
     [29] http://www.w3.org/mid/417514B6.80204@hp.com
     [30] http://www.w3.org/mid/opsf6dutlgsmjzpq@viao-1.lan
     [31] http://www.w3.org/mid/1098289628.14529.186.camel@dirk
     [32] http://www.w3.org/mid/4158A471.5000304@cisra.canon.com.au
     [33] http://www.w3.org/mid/4158A471.5000304@cisra.canon.com.au

   Resources
    1. [34]1st Last Call issues list ([35]sorted by section)
    2. [36]1st Last Call Annotated version of WebArch
    3. [37]List of actions by TAG participant
    4. [38]2nd Last Call WD
    5. Archive of [39]public-webarch-comment
    6. [40]2nd Last Call Comments Tracking page

     [34] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/lc1209/issues.html
     [35] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/lc1209/concerning.html
     [36] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/lc1209/webarchWithIssues.html
     [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/lc1209/actions_owner.html
     [38] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-webarch-20040816/
     [39] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webarch-comments/
     [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2004lc/lc-status-report.html

  2.2 Continue review of open issues

   Review will continue starting with [41]siteDate-36

     [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues#siteData-36

    2.2.1 status of Action Item status

   Report on completed actions.

   [42]httpRange-14
          ACTION DC: with Norm, develop a finding on httpRange-14
          starting with the HashSlashDuality text

     [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues#httpRange-14

   [43]fragmentInXML-28
          ACTION CONTINUES: Chris: Write up a summary of the
 
resolution[44]http://www.w3.org/2004/05/14-tag-summary.html#fra
          gmentInXML-28

     [43] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues#fragmentInXML-28
     [44] http://www.w3.org/2004/05/14-tag-summary.html#fragmentInXML-28

   [45]xmlProfiles-29
          ACTION Norm: Get XML Core WG to take on XMLProfiles-29

     [45] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues#xmlProfiles-29

   [46]binaryXML-30
          ACTION: Norm to add xbc use cases to binaryXML-30
          ACTION Chris: Review the connection between the use cases and
          the taxomony on Chris's note

     [46] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues#binaryXML-30

   [47]metadataInURI-31
          ACTION Stuart revise finding (well overdue).
          ACTION Paul find out what happened to DaveO's action item
          there.

     [47] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues#metadataInURI-31

   [48]mixedUIXMLNamespace-33
          ACTION Norm update the issues list to point to "The W3C
          Workshop on Web Applications and Compound
          Documents[49]http://www.w3.org/2004/04/webapps-cdf-ws/summary"

     [48] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues#mixedUIXMLNamespace-33
     [49] http://www.w3.org/2004/04/webapps-cdf-ws/summary

   [50]xmlFunctions-34
          ACTION timbl take another stab at specifying the problem

     [50] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues#xmlFunctions-34

   [51]XMLVersion-41
          ACTION NDW: to report workplan and dates for Extensibilty and
          Versioning work..
          ACTION PC: solicit QA WG review of draft
          extensibility/versioning finding

     [51] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues#XMLVersion-41

     _________________________________________________________________

   The TAG does not expect to discuss issues below this line.

3. Status report on these findings

   See also [52]TAG findings
     * [53]abstractComponentRefs-37:
          + 30 Oct 2003 draft finding "[54]Abstract Component
References"
     * [55]contentPresentation-26:
          + 30 June 2003 draft finding "[56]Separation of semantic and
            presentational markup, to the extent possible, is
            architecturally sound"
     * [57]metadataInURI-31
     * [58]siteData-36
          + "[59]There is no such thing as a Web site"
     * [60]xmlChunk-44
          + "[61]XML Chunk Equality"

     [52] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/findings
     [53]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#abstractComponentRefs-37
     [54] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/abstractComponentRefs-20031030
     [55]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#contentPresentation-26
     [56]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/contentPresentation-26-20030630.html
     [57] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#metadataInURI-31
     [58] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#siteData-36
     [59] http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2004/01/08/WebSite36
     [60] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#xmlChunk-44
     [61] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/xmlChunkEquality.html

     _________________________________________________________________


    Stuart Williams for TAG
    $Revision: 1.4 $ of $Date: 2004/10/22 15:01:42 $
Received on Friday, 22 October 2004 15:03:11 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 15:32:43 UTC