Re: referendum on httpRange-14

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 10:09:54 -0400
To: Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com
cc: Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM, www-tag@w3.org

> Well, I've proposed "Web Resource", which is the subclass of Resources
> which have web accessible representations.
>
> So, if for a given URI you GET a "200 OK" response, it is a "web =
> resource".
>
> But what real utility does that provide the user? Why the need for any
> name at all? Or why the need for a subclass of Resource?

Sorry, I missed this amid the spam on my first pass through my mailbox.

The utility is just based on the Ontaria UI design: resources are
viewed through a particular presentation-rule appropriate to the class
of the resource.  Since resources are usually in multiple classes,
they have multiple views, which the user can select on tabs.  It's a
little hard to explain; hopefully it'll be obvious if you play with it
in the next release.

        - sandro