Thoughts on top-level domains, esp. .mobi

From: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 16:20:57 -0400
To: 'www-tag@w3.org' <www-tag@w3.org>

In writing up some problems as I see them with the proposed .mobi top
level domain, I found i had half the document full of general reasons
why new domains are a bad idea, which would apply to many if not all of
the new proposals, and the other half specific problems with .mobi.

The writeup is at http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/TLD

Comments welcome -- I intend to send it to the formal comment list next
week.
This is a personal view only.  It is not a W3c view.  I would recommend
that others also send their feelings to the official list.

Tim Berners-Lee

ICANN Public comment form:
	http://www.icann.org/tlds/stld-apps-19mar04/stld-public-comments.htm

RFP: