W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > March 2004

[Agenda] 22 Mar 2004 TAG teleconf (I18N Charmod review, LC issues)

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 19:43:47 -0500
To: www-tag@w3.org
Message-Id: <1079743427.1115.16.camel@seabright>
Hello,

The agenda for the TAG's 22 Mar 2004 teleconf is
available as HTML [1] and as text below. My apologies
for the delay in announcing this.

 - Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/2004/03/22-tag.html

-----------------------------------------------------------

                  Agenda of 22 March 2004 TAG teleconference

1. Administrative (20min)

    1. Roll call: RF, TBL (Scribe), NW, PC, SW, CL, MJ, DC. Regrets: IJ
    2. Accept the minutes of the [7]2 Mar ftf meeting?
    3. Accept the minutes of the [8]15 Mar teleconference?
    4. Accept this [9]agenda?
    5. FTF meeting in April or May (c.f. [10]online form)?

      [7] http://www.w3.org/2004/03/02-tag-summary.html
      [8] http://www.w3.org/2004/03/15-tag-summary.html
      [9] http://www.w3.org/2004/03/22-tag.html
     [10] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34270/tagftfmay2004/

  1.1 Confirmation of ftf meeting 12-14 May

    1. [11]Email from IJ confirming.
    2. Regrets: SW, DC. Possible regrets: RF, IJ. And no TB.
    3. Who will chair?

     [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2004Mar/0047.html

  1.2 Upcoming vacations, schedule?

    1. SW: Regrets from 5-12 April.
    2. Meet 12 April?

2. Technical (70min)

   See also [12]open actions by owner and [13]open issues.

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/actions_owner.html
     [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html?view=normal&closed=1

  2.1 Publication of Qname finding?

     * [14]qnameAsId-18
         1. Action NW 2004/03/15: Publish [15]Using Qualified Names.
            (QNames) as Identifiers in Content as an approved TAG
            finding.

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#qnameAsId-18
     [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/qnameids-2004-01-14

  2.2 Internationalization Issues

   See [16]25 Feb 2004 WD of Charmod Fundamentals
     * [17]Review by Tim Bray (and following thread)
     * Relation to [18]charmodReview-17?
         1. [19]actions
         2. TAG finding related to adoption of Charmod? See [20]mail from
            TBL

     [16] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-charmod-20040225/
     [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2004Mar/0007.html
     [18] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#charmodReview-17
     [19] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/actions.html#charmodReview-17
     [20] http://www.w3.org/mid/361483C6-96E6-11D7-9C47-000393914268@w3.org

   Action SW 2004/03/15:  Negotiate an extension of ideally 2 weeks with
   I18N WG for the review of CharMod. ([21]Proposed).

     [21] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2004Mar/0042.html

   The TAG expects to review LC Comments on Charmod from CL.

  2.3 Web Architecture Document Last Call

   Resources:
    1. [22]Last Call issues list ([23]sorted by section)
    2. [24]Annotated version of WebArch
    3. Archive of [25]public-webarch-comments
    4. [26]List of actions by TAG participant
    5. Additional actions
         1. Action IJ 2004/02/09: Incorporate editorial suggestions (see
            minutes of that meeting for details).

     [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/lc1209/issues.html
     [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/lc1209/concerning.html
     [24] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/lc1209/webarchWithIssues.html
     [25] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webarch-comments/
     [26] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/lc1209/actions_owner.html

   Actions 2004/03/15 (due 25 March?) to review sections:
     * TBL: I volunteer 2 hours starting at start of section 2
     * Roy: I volunteer to look at section 2
     * Norm: I volunteer for section 3
     * Stuart: I volunteer starting at section 2.3
     * Mario: I will look at section 4

  2.4 TLDs and content filtering?

    1. See [27]question from DJW

     [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2004Mar/0027.html

     _________________________________________________________________

   The TAG did not discuss issues below this line.

  1.1 Review of open action items related to issues

   The TAG expects to review the list of [28]open actions by owner and to
   close any that are obvious to close. TAG participants are encouraged
   to review this list before the meeting, as well as other action items
   listed in this agenda.

     [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/actions_owner.html

3. Status report on these findings

   See also [29]TAG findings
     * [30]abstractComponentRefs-37:
          + 30 Oct 2003 draft finding "[31]Abstract Component References"
     * [32]contentPresentation-26:
          + 30 June 2003 draft finding "[33]Separation of semantic and
            presentational markup, to the extent possible, is
            architecturally sound"
     * [34]metadataInURI-31
     * [35]siteData-36
          + "[36]There is no such thing as a Web site"

     [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/findings
     [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#abstractComponentRefs-37
     [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/abstractComponentRefs-20031030
     [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#contentPresentation-26
     [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/contentPresentation-26-20030630.html
     [34] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#metadataInURI-31
     [35] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#siteData-36
     [36] http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2004/01/08/WebSite36

4. Other action items

     * Action PC/IJ: Proposed revised [37]TAG charter
     * Action RF 2003/10/08: Explain "identifies" in RFC 2396.
     * Action DC 2003/11/15: Follow up on KeepPOSTRecords with Janet Daly
       on how to raise awareness of this point (which is in CUAP).
     * Action CL 2003/10/27: Draft XML mime type thingy with Murata-san

     [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/07/19-tag

     _________________________________________________________________


    Ian Jacobs for Stuart Williams and TimBL
    Last modified: $Date: 2004/03/20 00:41:45 $


 
-- 
Ian Jacobs (ij@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447

Received on Friday, 19 March 2004 19:44:37 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:47:25 GMT