Re: on independence of elements, relating versions [XMLVersioning-41]

noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com wrote:

> As some of you have probably heard me state too often:  it's exactly this
> tension between two interesting architectures, both of which we are
> promoting to our users at about the same time, that most concerns me about
> the coexistence between XML and RDF.

However this has more to do with the sanctioned serialization than
any actual tension between XML and RDF. And we should note there are
alternative XML serializations for RDF out there. Where I think your
point makes sense is when we try and design our XML structures to be
RDF happy using RDF/XML. The sanctioned syntax seems to want to be
all things to all people - a way to serialize RDF in XML and a way
for authors to make their grammars RDF aware. Users on the whole
seem to be resistant to the syntax. or perhaps they don't find the
idea value enough right now to clutter their markup.

cheers
Bill de hÓra