W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > March 2004

[Agenda] 15 Mar 2004 TAG teleconf (Review of Charmod Fundamentals, LC issues)

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 12:55:49 -0500
To: www-tag@w3.org
Message-Id: <1079114149.3081.388.camel@seabright>
Hello,

The agenda of the 15 March 2004 TAG teleconference
is available as HTML [1] and as text below.

 _ Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/2004/03/15-tag

========================================================

   W3C | [1]TAG | Previous: [2]2 Mar ftf meeting | Next: 22 Mar

      [1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
      [2] http://www.w3.org/2004/03/02-tag-summary.html

                  Agenda of 15 March 2004 TAG teleconference

   Nearby: [3]Teleconference details  [4]issues list ([5]handling new
   issues) [6]www-tag archive

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#remote
      [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html
      [5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jul/0054.html
      [6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/

1. Administrative (20min)

    1. Roll call. Regrets: IJ
    2. Proposed to accept minutes of the [7]2 Mar ftf meeting. However,
       not all of the liaisons minutes are available yet.
    3. Accept this [8]agenda?
    4. Proposed next meeting: 22 March.
    5. FTF meeting in April or May (c.f [9]online form)?

      [7] http://www.w3.org/2004/03/02-tag-summary.html
      [8] http://www.w3.org/2004/03/15-tag.html
      [9] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34270/tagftfmay2004/

  1.1 Review of open action items related to issues

   The TAG expects to review the list of [10]open actions by owner and to
   close any that are obvious to close. TAG participants are encouraged
   to review this list before the meeting, as well as other action items
   listed in this agenda.

     [10] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/actions_owner.html

2. Technical (70min)

   See also [11]open actions by owner and [12]open issues.

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/actions_owner.html
     [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html?view=normal&closed=1

  2.1 Formal approval of Qname finding

     * [13]qnameAsId-18
          + 14 Jan 2004 draft finding "[14]Using Qualified Names (QNames)
            as Identifiers in Content"

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#qnameAsId-18
     [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/qnameids-2004-01-14

   At the ftf meeting we did not formally approve NW's finding. Proposed
   to publish the 14 Jan draft as an approved finding using the usual
   mechanisms.

  2.2 Internationalization Issues

    2.2.1 TAG review of "Character Model for the World Wide Web 1.0:
    Fundamentals"

   See [15]25 Feb 2004 WD of Charmod Fundamentals
     * [16]Review by Tim Bray (and following thread)
     * Relation to [17]charmodReview-17?
         1. [18]actions
         2. TAG finding related to adoption of Charmod? See [19]mail from
            TBL

     [15] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-charmod-20040225/
     [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2004Mar/0007.html
     [17] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#charmodReview-17
     [18] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/actions.html#charmodReview-17
     [19] http://www.w3.org/mid/361483C6-96E6-11D7-9C47-000393914268@w3.org

    2.2.2 Status report regarding TAG's URI/IRI issues

     * [20]URIEquivalence-15
     * [21]IRIEverywhere-27

     [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html?view=normal&closed=1#URIEquivalence-15
     [21] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#IRIEverwhere-27

  2.3 Update on namespaceDocument-8

     * [22]namespaceDocument-8
         1. Review finding outline from PC
         2. Agree to next steps w.r.t. RDDL Note and Finding.

     [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#namespaceDocument-8

  2.4 Web Architecture Document Last Call

   Resources:
    1. [23]Last Call issues list ([24]sorted by section)
    2. [25]Annotated version of WebArch
    3. Archive of [26]public-webarch-comments
    4. [27]List of actions by TAG participant
    5. Additional actions
         1. Action IJ 2004/02/09: Incorporate editorial suggestions (see
            minutes of that meeting for details).

     [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/lc1209/issues.html
     [24] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/lc1209/concerning.html
     [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/lc1209/webarchWithIssues.html
     [26] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webarch-comments/
     [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/lc1209/actions_owner.html

     _________________________________________________________________

   The TAG does not expect to discuss issues below this line.

3. Status report on these findings

   See also [28]TAG findings
     * [29]abstractComponentRefs-37:
          + 30 Oct 2003 draft finding "[30]Abstract Component References"
     * [31]contentPresentation-26:
          + 30 June 2003 draft finding "[32]Separation of semantic and
            presentational markup, to the extent possible, is
            architecturally sound"
     * [33]metadataInURI-31
     * [34]siteData-36
          + "[35]There is no such thing as a Web site"

     [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/findings
     [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#abstractComponentRefs-37
     [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/abstractComponentRefs-20031030
     [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#contentPresentation-26
     [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/contentPresentation-26-20030630.html
     [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#metadataInURI-31
     [34] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#siteData-36
     [35] http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2004/01/08/WebSite36

4. Other action items

     * Action RF 2003/10/08: Explain "identifies" in RFC 2396.
     * Action DC 2003/11/15: Follow up on KeepPOSTRecords with Janet Daly
       on how to raise awareness of this point (which is in CUAP).
     * Action CL 2003/10/27: Draft XML mime type thingy with Murata-san

     _________________________________________________________________


    Ian Jacobs for Stuart Williams and TimBL
    Last modified: $Date: 2004/03/12 17:54:49 $

-- 
Ian Jacobs (ij@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447

Received on Friday, 12 March 2004 12:55:51 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:47:25 GMT