review Identification 8Jun

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 06:44:30 -0500
To: www-tag@w3.org

re http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2004/webarch-20040608/

I have a bunch of editorial suggestions; I sent those
to Ian separately (with copy to www-archive). Substantively...

I had some reservations about this in 2.2:

"To keep communication costs down, by design a URI identifies one
resource. Since the scope of a URI is global, the resource identified by
a URI does not depend on the context in which the URI appears."

but they're pretty much addressed by section 2.4. URI Overloading;
perhaps a forward reference would help; I'm not sure. Perhaps
it's OK as is.

Then... er... conflict?

  Good practice: URI opacity

  Agents making use of URIs MUST NOT ...

How can a MUST NOT constraint be just good practice?
Either change the label to "Design Constraint" or
change the MUST NOT somehow.

I don't know if that conflict is a show-stopper or not; I'd
like somebody else to give an opinion.

Otherwise, I give it a thumbs-up.