Re: [namespaceDocument-8] grokRDDL.xsl mapping to RDF

From: Jonathan Borden <jonathan@openhealth.org>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 18:12:18 -0500
Cc: www-tag@w3.org
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>

On Jan 15, 2004, at 11:46 PM, Dan Connolly wrote:

> In sum, I like rddl4 but for
>   1. Some pending edits we've discussed:
>    - a hello-world example

the spec itself has traditionally served as a "hello world" example ...
I've place resources for a DTD and RELAXNG schema as well as a
reference to your XSLT in a new spec that I've modified from Tim
Bray's. The new location, for the moment, is

http://www.rddl.org/rddl2

>    - DTD foo

done.

>    - a MIME type registration
>
>   2. a normative mapping to RDF, for which I propose
> 	grokRDDL.xsl (with the "this namespace" kludge
> 	fixed) as a reference implementation

I've included a reference to this in the document at the above URI. The
way the nature and purpose are handled (the nature is "XSLT", the
purpose is the *output* format) should allow programs to use the RDDL
to chain transforms in order to obtain a desired format -- if this is
actually useful. e.g. suppose you have XSLTs for converting formats A
-> B and B -> C, using the RDDLs for A, B, C a program could derive a
two stage transform of A -> C.

Jonathan