TAG Last Call comments on xml:id

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 00:58:59 +0100
To: public-xml-id@w3.org
Cc: www-tag@w3.org

Hello public-xml-id,

The TAG thanks XML Core for the opportunity to review an earlier draft
of this document and for incorporating all of our earlier review
comments into the document. In consequence, the TAG resolved at the 6
December telcon that it had nothing further to add in terms of a Last
Call comment except as noted below. We congratulate Core on a fine
document.

The TAG would however still be interested to know how Core plans to test
xml:id in the Candidate Review period to ensure that the constraints in
the document are adequately exercised. Are there any XML processors
(schema or DTD based) that already implement this, or do you know of
implementations in the works? What about DOM implementations, CSS
implementations, and implementations that resolve barename fragment
identifiers in XML resources?

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group