W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > September 2003

[Agenda] 29 Sep 2003 TAG teleconf (Arch Doc, meeting planning)

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: 25 Sep 2003 11:05:47 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org
Message-Id: <1064502347.1042.92.camel@seabright>
Hello,

The agenda of the 29 Sep 2003 TAG teleconf is available
as HTML [1] and as text below.

Please note that I have not yet produced the Editor's
draft the TAG expects to review Monday. I expect it
to be available Friday afternoon ET.

  _Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/2003/09/29-tag.html

=======================================================

                Agenda of 29 September 2003 TAG teleconference

   Note: The Chair does not expect the agenda to change after close of
   business (Boston time) Thursday of this week.

1. Administrative (15min)

    1. Roll call.
    2. Accept the minutes of the [8]15 Sep teleconf?
    3. Accept this [9]agenda?
    4. Next meeting: 6-8 Oct ftf meeting in Bristol

      [8] http://www.w3.org/2003/09/15-tag-summary.html
      [9] http://www.w3.org/2003/09/29-tag.html

   Upcoming events:
     * 18 Sep: Next draft from NW/DO of extensibility draft finding
       ([10]Done)
     * 22 Sep telcon: Review of Editors' draft of arch doc (Canceled)
     * 29 Sep telcon: Arch Doc review, Focus on Findings
     * 1 Oct: TR page draft of arch doc
     * 6-8 Oct ftf: arch doc review primarily, publishing expectations

     [10] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/versioning.html

  1.1 TAG participation in Tech Plenary 2004 (1-5 March)

   Pros: Interaction with other groups, welcome new TAG participants.

   Cons: Competing meeetings.

  1.2 TAG highlights from previous six months (for AC meeting)

   See [11]previous highlights (Member-only).

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2003/05/19-sb-COO-Summary.html#Technical2

  1.3 Bristol FTF Agenda

    1. Primarily focused on Arch Doc, TAG findings.
    2. 9h - 17h M, T. (Not sure for W).
    3. [12]Meeting page

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2003/10/06-tag-mtg

2. Technical (75min)

  2.1 Architecture Document

   The TAG expects to review an upcoming Editor's Draft (not yet
   available), and address questions from the editor.

    2.1.1 Review of actions related to Architecture Document

   Completed action items:
     * Completed action TB 2003/08/18: Bring some Vancouver ftf meeting
       photos to IJ attention (of whiteboard, re: CL action about
       illustration of two resources). Done, but IJ has not incorporated
       images in 18 Sep draft.
     * Completed action TB 2003/08/04: Write a definition of "XML-based"
       (Done; in 18 Sep Arch Doc).
     * Completed action IJ 2003/08/04: s/machine-readable/something like:
       optimized for processors, w/ defn that includes notion that it can
       be processed unattended (by a person).
     * Completed action TB and CL 2003/07/21: Propose a replacement
       sentence in section 3.2.2.1 regarding advantages of text formats.
       Please confirm that this is done in 18 Sep draft.

   Open action items:
     * Action RF 2003/06/02: Rewrite section 3. From 21 July ftf meeting,
       due 18 August.
     * Action IJ 2003/06/16: Attempt to incorporate relevant bits of
       "[13]Conversations and State" into section to be produced by RF.
     * Action TBL 2003/07/14: Suggest changes to section about
       extensibility related to "when to tunnel".
     * Action CL 2003/07/21: Create an illustration of two resources, one
       designated by URI without fragment, and one designated by same URI
       with fragment...
     * Action IJ, CL 2003/07/21: Discuss and propose improved wording of
       language regarding SVG spec in bulleted list in 2.5.1.
     * Action DC 2003/07/21: Propose language for section 2.8.5 showing
       examples of freenet and other systems.

     [13] http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Conversations

   The following action items were follow-up from the 22 July
   face-to-face meeting in Vancouver:
     * Identification and resources
         1. TBL 2003/08/21: Write replacement text for Moby Dick example
            in section 2.6 (on URI ambiguity). Is this done in [14]TBL's
            draft?
     * Representations
         1. TB, IJ 2003/08/21: Integrate findings. What does this mean?

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/webarch/tim#URI-persistence

  2.2 Findings

   If time permits, the TAG will review these.
     * [15]11 Sep 2003 draft of Deep Linking in the WWW
          + Action TB 2003/09/15: Ask Lauren Wood to review German text
            to see if applicable.
          + Pending action IJ 2003/09/15: Take back to Comm Team
            publicity of this document.
     * [16]whenToUseGet-7: Announced TAG acceptance of 22 September 2003
       draft of [17]URIs, Addressability, and the use of HTTP GET and
       POST
          + Action DC 2003/09/15: Provide TAG with pointers into WS specs
            where issue of safe operations is manifest.
          + Action DO 2003/09/15: Ask WSDL WG to look at finding; ask
            them if marking operations as safe in WSDL is one of their
            requirements.
          + See [18]comments from Noah, however
     * [19]contentTypeOverride-24: 9 July 2003 draft of [20]Client
       handling of MIME headers
         1. Completed action TB 2003/09/15: Draft a Note to authors of
            RFC 3023 cc'ing www-tag about concerns regarding charset
            asking about chances of getting this fixed. ([21]Done)
         2. Completed action RF 2003/09/15: Proposed substitute text in
            light of [22]previous comments on charset param. ([23]Done)
         3. [24]Comments from Philipp Hoschka about usability issues when
            user involved in error correction. Is there a new Voice spec
            out we can point to for example behavior?
         4. [25]Comments from Chris Lilley
         5. Lots of [26]comments from Martin Duerst
         6. Change "MIME headers" to "server metadata" in title?
     * Completed action NW, DO 2003/09/08: Produce new draft of
       Extensibility/Versioning finding ([27]done)

     [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/deeplinking-20030911.html
     [16] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist.html#whenToUseGet-7
     [17] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/whenToUseGet-20030922
     [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Sep/0160.html
     [19] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#contentTypeOverride-24
     [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/mime-respect.html
     [21] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Sep/0042.html
     [22] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Jul/0051.html
     [23] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Sep/0043.html
     [24] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jul/0076.html
     [25] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Jul/0113.html
     [26] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Sep/0108.html
     [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/versioning

     _________________________________________________________________

   The TAG does not expect to cover these issues.

  2.3 Findings

   See also [28]TAG findings home page.

     [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/findings/

    2.3.1 Draft findings that require more discussion

     * [29]xmlIDSemantics-32:
         1. [30]Chris Lilley draft finding.
         2. Action CL 2003/06/30: Revise this draft finding with new
            input from reviewers.
     * [31]contentPresentation-26: Action CL 2003/06/02: Make available a
       draft finding on content/presentation. From 21 July ftf meeting,
       revision due 8 August.
     * [32]metadataInURI-31: 8 July 2003 draft of "[33]The use of
       Metadata in URIs"
          + Action SW 2003/07/21: Produce a revision of this finding
            based on Vancouver ftf meeting discussion.
          + Action DO 2003/07/07: Send rationale about why WSDL WG wants
            to peek inside the URI.
          + See also [34]TB email on Apple Music Store and use of URI
            schemes instead of headers
          + See comments from [35]Mark Nottingham and [36]followup from
            Noah M.
     * Draft finding from NW and DO: [37]Versioning XML Languages, 18 Sep
       draft.

     [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#xmlIDSemantics-32
     [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/xmlIDSemantics-32.html
     [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#contentPresentation-26
     [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#metadataInURI-31
     [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/metaDataInURI-31
     [34] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Apr/0151.html
     [35] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Aug/0048.html
     [36] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Aug/0055.html
     [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/versioning

    2.3.2 Expected new findings

    1. [38]contentPresentation-26: Action CL (and IJ from ftf meeting)
       2003/06/02: Make available a draft finding on
       content/presentation. From 21 July ftf meeting, revision due 8
       August.
    2. Action IJ 2003/06/09: Turn [39]TB apple story into a finding.

     [38] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#contentPresentation-26
     [39] http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2003/04/30/AppleWA

  2.4 Issues

   The TAG does not expect to discuss these issues at this meeting.

    2.4.1 Identifiers ([40]URIEquivalence-15 , [41]IRIEverywhere-27)

     [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#URIEquivalence-15
     [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#IRIEverywhere-27

     * [42]URIEquivalence-15
          + SW proposal: Track RFC2396bis where [43]Tim Bray text has
            been integrated. Comment within the IETF process. Move this
            issue to pending state.
     * [44]IRIEverywhere-27
          + Action CL 2003/04/07: Revised position statement on use of
            IRIs.
          + Action TBL 2003/04/28: Explain how existing specifications
            that handle IRIs are inconsistent. [45]TBL draft not yet
            available on www-tag.
          + See TB's [46]proposed step forward on IRI 27.

     [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#URIEquivalence-15
     [43] http://www.textuality.com/tag/uri-comp-4
     [44] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#IRIEverywhere-27
     [45] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Apr/0074.html
     [46] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Apr/0090.html

    2.4.2 Qnames, fragments, and media types([47]rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6,
    [48]fragmentInXML-28, [49]abstractComponentRefs-37, [50]putMediaType-38)

     [47] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6
     [48] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#fragmentInXML-28
     [49] http://www.w3.org/2003/07/24-tag-summary.html#abstractComponentRefs-37
     [50] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#putMediaType-38

     * [51]rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6
          + Action DC 2003/02/06: Propose TAG response to XML Schema
            desideratum ([52]RQ-23).
     * [53]fragmentInXML-28 : Use of fragment identifiers in XML.
         1. Connection to content negotiation?
         2. Connection to opacity of URIs?
         3. No actions associated / no owner.
     * [54]abstractComponentRefs-37
          + Action DO 2003/06/23: Point Jonathan Marsh at options. Ask
            them for their analysis.
     * [55]putMediaType-38

     [51] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6
     [52] http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-xmlschema-11-req-20030121/#N400183
     [53] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#fragmentInXML-28
     [54] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#abstractComponentRefs-37
     [55] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#putMediaType-38

    2.4.3 New and other Issues requested for discussion.
    ([56]mixedUIXMLNamespace-33, [57]RDFinXHTML-35, [58]siteData-36 plus
    possible new issues)

     [56] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#mixedUIXMLNamespace-33
     [57] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#RDFinXHTML-35
     [58] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#siteData-36

   Existing Issues:
     * [59]mixedUIXMLNamespace-33
     * [60]RDFinXHTML-35
     * [61]siteData-36
          + Action TBL 2003/02/24 : Summarize siteData-36

     [59] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#mixedUIXMLNamespace-33
     [60] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#RDFinXHTML-35
     [61] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#siteData-36

    2.4.4 Miscellaneous issues

     * [62]namespaceDocument-8
          + Action PC 2003/04/07: Prepare finding to answer this issue,
            pointing to the RDDL Note. See [63]comments from Paul
            regarding TB theses. From 21 July ftf meeting, due 31 August.
          + Action PC 2003/09/08: Providing WebArch text as well for this
            issue.
          + Action TB 2003/09/15: Add "Hello World" example to next draft
            of RDDL Spec (i.e., to edited version of [64]RDDL draft 4).
          + Action TB 2003/09/15: Produce schemaware for RDDL spec once
            TAG has consensus on the syntax.
          + Completed action SW 2003/09/16: Ping PC on the status of his
            actions ([65]Done)
          + Refer to draft TAG [66]opinion from Tim Bray on the use of
            URNs for namespace names.
     * [67]uriMediaType-9
          + IANA appears to have responded to the spirit of this draft
            (see [68]email from Chris Lilley).What's required to close
            this issue?
          + Action CL 2003/05/05: Propose CL's three changes to
            registration process to Ned Freed. [What forum?]
     * [69]HTTPSubstrate-16
          + Action RF 2003/02/06: Write a response to IESG asking whether
            the Web services example in the SOAP 1.2 primer is intended
            to be excluded from RFC 3205
          + See [70]message from Larry Masinter w.r.t. Web services.
     * [71]xlinkScope-23
          + See [72]draft, and [73]SW message to CG chairs.
          + Action CL 2003/06/30: Ping the chairs of those groups asking
            for an update on xlinkScope-23.
     * [74]binaryXML-30
          + Action TB 2003/02/17: Write to www-tag with his thoughts on
            adding to survey.
          + Action IJ 2003/07/21: Add link from issues list binaryXML-30
            to upcoming workshop
          + Next steps to finding? See [75]summary from Chris.
     * [76]xmlFunctions-34
          + Action TBL 2003/02/06: State the issue with a reference to
            XML Core work. See [77]email from TimBL capturing some of the
            issues.
     * [78]charmodReview-17
         1. Action SW 2003/09/08: Follow up with I18N folks on status of
            TAG's charmod comments.
         2. [79]Mail from DC to I18N WG in light of new Charmod draft
     * [80]rdfURIMeaning-39

     [62] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/07/21-tag#namespaceDocument-8
     [63] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Apr/0046.html
     [64] http://www.tbray.org/tag/rddl4.html
     [65] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Sep/0045.html
     [66] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Jun/0003.html
     [67] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#uriMediaType-9
     [68] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0302.html
     [69] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#HTTPSubstrate-16
     [70] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0208.html
     [71] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist.html#xlinkScope-23
     [72] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Mar/0094.html
     [73] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Mar/0104
     [74] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#binaryXML-30
     [75] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0224.html
     [76] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#xmlFunctions-34
     [77] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0309.html
     [78] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#charmodReview-17
     [79] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Sep/0019.html
     [80] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist.html#rdfURIMeaning-39

3. Other actions

     * Action IJ 2003/02/06: Modify issues list to show that
       actions/pending are orthogonal to decisions. PLH has put the
       issues list in production; see the [81]DOM issues list.

     [81] http://www.w3.org/2003/06/09-dom-core-issues/issues.html

     _________________________________________________________________


    Ian Jacobs for Stuart Williams and TimBL
    Last modified: $Date: 2003/09/25 14:42:59 $


-- 
Ian Jacobs (ij@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447

Received on Thursday, 25 September 2003 11:05:54 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:47:21 GMT