RE: Arch Doc: 18 Sep: abstract

From: Bullard, Claude L (Len) <clbullar@ingr.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:00:14 -0500
To: 'Tim Berners-Lee' <timbl@w3.org>, "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@apache.org>
Cc: "Ian B. Jacobs" <ij@w3.org>, www-tag@w3.org

"Information space" still has a mystical incantation
kind of feel.  They are actually three systems sharing
a fourth system, the addressing system in which the
address doubles as a name.

I realize you are trying to get a point across in
that description, but I don't see what it is. I
think possibly you attempting to combine a technical
and a social distinction.

The distinction of systems sharing a common
"somethingThatMakesItANetwork" is progress.

len

From: Tim Berners-Lee [mailto:timbl@w3.org]

I think the properites of the web as an information space
in the wide sense is so valuable and important to understand that
we should maybe have a separate term for it and/or make the
distinction really clear.