Re: Rough sketch for an I-D (a successor of RFC 3023)

From: MURATA Makoto <murata@hokkaido.email.ne.jp>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 21:46:43 +0900
To: www-tag@w3.org

I do not want to continue further technical discussion in this mailing list,
since I do not want to eliminate people in the IETF-XML-ML from this discussion.
Furthermore, I think that the role of the TAG is to encourage other groups to
think about architectural principles and that it should not try to make final
decisions for every minor issue.

However, I still would like to know if the TAG (or W3C in general) is willing
to propose fragment identifiers as part of the next version of the XML media
types RFCs.  This may cause a significant delay.  (Note: I would not oppose to
XPointer as fragment identifiers if scheme names other than "element" are
*syntactically* disallowed.)

Cheers,

--
MURATA Makoto <murata@hokkaido.email.ne.jp>