W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > July 2003

[Agenda] 14 July 2003 TAG teleconf (Findings, New issues, Arch Doc)

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: 10 Jul 2003 10:59:44 -0700
To: www-tag@w3.org
Message-Id: <1057859983.879.1.camel@seabright>

Hello,

The agenda of the 14 July 2003 TAG teleconf is available
as HTML [1] and as text below.

  - Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/2003/07/14-tag.html

--------------------------------------------------------


                  Agenda for 14 July 2003 TAG teleconference

Homework

    1. 8 July 2003 draft of "[7]The use of Metadata in URIs"
    2. 9 July 2003 draft of [8]Client handling of MIME headers
    3. [9]Text sent by David Orchard about extensibility
    4. [10]Threads on visibility of Web Services issue

      [7] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/metaDataInURI-31
      [8] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/mime-respect.html
      [9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Jun/0086.html
     [10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jun/0055.html

1. Administrative (15min)

    1. Roll call. Likely regrets: NW.
    2. Accept corrected minutes of [11]30 Jun teleconference?
    3. Accept minutes of [12]7 Jul teleconference?
    4. Accept this [13]agenda?
    5. Accept [14]draft summary of TAG activity
    6. Next meeting: 21-23 July ftf meeting
    7. Face-to-face meeting [15]draft agenda.

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2003/06/30-tag-summary.html
     [12] http://www.w3.org/2003/07/07-tag-summary.html
     [13] http://www.w3.org/2003/07/14-tag.html
     [14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jul/0036.html
     [15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jul/0042.html

2. Technical (75 mins)

  2.1 Findings (25 mins)

   See also: [16]findings.

     [16] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/findings

   Next steps on these findings:
     * [17]contentTypeOverride-24: 9 July 2003 draft of [18]Client
       handling of MIME headers
         1. Action CL, NW 2003/06/30: Read the draft finding by 7 July.
            [19]NW Done
         2. Completed action IJ 2003/07/07: Produce a new draft of the
            finding on MIME headers that takes into account comments from
            Rob Lanphier, TBL, NW, SW (editorial), and above resolution.
         3. Completed action IJ 2003/07/07: Follow up with SYMM IG saying
            we'll take into account input and produce new draft of this
            finding.
     * 9 July 2003 draft of [20]URIs, Addressability, and the use of HTTP
       GET and POST
          + [21]whenToUseGet-7
               o Completed action IJ 2003/06/23: Incorporate a sentence
                 about scope based on LM comments.
               o Completed action IJ 2003/07/07: Produce new draft of
                 finding with (1) change based on LM comment, (2) text
                 from DO/NM (3) don't address PUT in this finding, but
                 add comment about new issue [22]putMediaType-38 (second
                 point in [23]summary of comments).
               o Subsumed action DO 2003/07/07: Send text that DO and
                 Noah M. can agree to to tag@w3.org. (DO should verify 9
                 July text)
     * [24]metadataInURI-31: 8 July 2003 draft of "[25]The use of
       Metadata in URIs"
          + Completed action SW 2003/07/07: Create new draft based on
            input today and send to www-tag.
          + Action DO 2003/07/07: Send rationale about why WSDL WG wants
            to peek inside the URI.
          + See also [26]TB email on Apple Music Store and use of URI
            schemes instead of headers
     * [27]xmlIDSemantics-32:
         1. [28]Chris Lilley draft finding.
         2. Action CL 2003/06/30: Revise this draft finding with new
            input from reviewers. 7 July Deadline.
     * [29]contentPresentation-26: Action CL 2003/06/02: Make available a
       draft finding on content/presentation.
     * Action IJ 2003/06/09: Turn [30]TB apple story into a finding.

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#contentTypeOverride-24
     [18] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/mime-respect.html
     [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Jul/0028.html
     [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/whenToUseGet-20030709.html
     [21] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist.html#whenToUseGet-7
     [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist.html#putMediaType-38
     [23] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003May/0099.html
     [24] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#metadataInURI-31
     [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/metaDataInURI-31
     [26] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Apr/0151.html
     [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#xmlIDSemantics-32
     [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/xmlIDSemantics-32.html
     [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#contentPresentation-26
     [30] http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2003/04/30/AppleWA

  2.2 New issues? (30 mins)

    1. [31]Visibility of Web Services, raised by Mark Baker
    2. [32]Character model conformance, raised by TBL
    3. [33]Meaning of URIs in RDF documents, raised by TBL

     [31] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003May/0069.html
     [32] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Jun/0009.html
     [33] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Jul/0022.html

  2.3 Architecture document (20 mins)

   [34]27 June 2003 Working Draft of Arch Doc published.
    1. Discussion of [35]text sent by David Orchard about extensibility.
    2. Action RF 2003/06/02: Rewrite section 5. Section 5 is expected to
       be short.
    3. Action IJ 2003/06/16: Attempt to incorporate relevant bits of
       "[36]Conversations and State" into section to be produced by RF.
    4. Action SW 2003/07/07: Try to get TimBL to sign off on Paul's text.
       If SW able to reach TBL, SW/TBL send to AC as co-chairs. If not,
       have IJ send on behalf of TAG.

     [34] http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-webarch-20030627/
     [35] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Jun/0086.html
     [36] http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Conversations

  2.4 Issues with action items

   The TAG does not expect to discuss these.
     * [37]uriMediaType-9
          + IANA appears to have responded to the spirit of this draft
            (see [38]email from Chris Lilley).What's required to close
            this issue?
          + Action CL 2003/05/05: Propose CL's three changes to
            registration process to Ned Freed. [What forum?]
     * [39]HTTPSubstrate-16
          + Action RF 2003/02/06: Write a response to IESG asking whether
            the Web services example in the SOAP 1.2 primer is intended
            to be excluded from RFC 3205
          + See [40]message from Larry Masinter w.r.t. Web services.
     * [41]xlinkScope-23
          + See [42]draft, and [43]SW message to CG chairs.
          + Action CL 2003/06/30: Ping the chairs of those groups asking
            for an update on xlinkScope-23.
     * [44]binaryXML-30
          + Action TB 2003/02/17: Write to www-tag with his thoughts on
            adding to survey.
          + Next steps to finding? See [45]summary from Chris.
     * [46]xmlFunctions-34
          + Action TBL 2003/02/06: State the issue with a reference to
            XML Core work. See [47]email from TimBL capturing some of the
            issues.
     * [48]siteData-36
          + Action TBL 2003/02/24 : Summarize siteData-36

     [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#uriMediaType-9
     [38] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0302.html
     [39] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#HTTPSubstrate-16
     [40] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0208.html
     [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist.html#xlinkScope-23
     [42] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Mar/0094.html
     [43] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Mar/0104
     [44] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#binaryXML-30
     [45] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0224.html
     [46] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#xmlFunctions-34
     [47] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0309.html
     [48] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist.html#siteData-36

  2.5 Issues the TAG intends to discuss at face-to-face meeting

    Identifiers

     * [49]URIEquivalence-15
          + SW proposal: Track RFC2396bis where [50]Tim Bray text has
            been integrated. Comment within the IETF process. Move this
            issue to pending state.
     * [51]IRIEverywhere-27
          + Action CL 2003/04/07: Revised position statement on use of
            IRIs.
          + Action TBL 2003/04/28: Explain how existing specifications
            that handle IRIs are inconsistent. [52]TBL draft not yet
            available on www-tag.
          + See TB's[53]proposed step forward on IRI 27.

     [49] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#URIEquivalence-15
     [50] http://www.textuality.com/tag/uri-comp-4
     [51] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#IRIEverywhere-27
     [52] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Apr/0074.html
     [53] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Apr/0090.html

    Qnames, fragments, and media types

     * [54]rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6
          + Action DC 2003/02/06: Propose TAG response to XML Schema
            desideratum ([55]RQ-23).
     * [56]fragmentInXML-28 : Use of fragment identifiers in XML.
         1. Connection to content negotiation?
         2. Connection to opacity of URIs?
         3. No actions associated / no owner.
     * [57]abstractComponentRefs-37
          + See [58]issue description from David Orchard. Next steps?
          + Action DO 2003/06/23: Point Jonathan Marsh at options. Ask
            them for their analysis.
     * [59]putMediaType-38

     [54] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6
     [55] http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-xmlschema-11-req-20030121/#N400183
     [56] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#fragmentInXML-28
     [57] http://www.w3.org/2003/07/24-tag-summary.html#abstractComponentRefs-37
     [58] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Apr/0089.html
     [59] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#putMediaType-38

    RDDL, namespace documents

     * [60]namespaceDocument-8
          + Action TB 2003/04/07: Prepare RDDL Note. Include in status
            section that there is TAG consensus that RDDL is a suitable
            format for representations of an XML namespace. Clean up
            messy section 4 of RDDL draft and investigate and publish a
            canonical mapping to RDF. See TB's [61]1 June version.
          + Action PC 2003/04/07: Prepare finding to answer this issue,
            pointing to the RDDL Note. See [62]comments from Paul
            regarding TB theses.
          + Refer to draft TAG [63]opinion from Tim Brayon the use of
            URNs for namespace names.
               o RF: Folks assume that because the specs say so, URNs
                 will be persisitent. But persistence is a function of
                 institutional commitment and frequency of use.

     [60] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#namespaceDocument-8
     [61] http://www.tbray.org/tag/rddl/rddl3.html
     [62] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Apr/0046.html
     [63] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Jun/0003.html

    Other actions

     * [64]RDFinXHTML-35
     * [65]mixedUIXMLNamespace-33
     * [66]errorHandling-20
          + Action CL 2003/02/06: Write a draft finding on the topic of
            (1) early/late detection of errors (2) late/early binding (3)
            robustness (4) definition of errors (5) recovery once error
            has been signaled. Due first week of March.

     [64] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#RDFinXHTML-35
     [65] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#mixedUIXMLNamespace-33
     [66] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#errorHandling-20

3. Other actions

     * Action IJ 2003/02/06: Modify issues list to show that
       actions/pending are orthogonal to decisions. IJ and PLH making
       substantial progress on this; hope to have something to show in
       May.

     _________________________________________________________________


    Ian Jacobs for Stuart Williams and TimBL
    Last modified: $Date: 2003/07/10 17:57:40 $

-- 
Ian Jacobs (ij@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447
Received on Thursday, 10 July 2003 14:00:00 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 15:32:38 UTC