Raise new Issue 32?: ID attribute determination in new work on XML Version

From: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 13:03:34 -0800
To: <www-tag@w3.org>

I would like to raise a new issue to the TAG.  The issue is how to determine
ID attributes in any new work on XML, such as a new profile or subset as
dealt within TAG issue #29 [1].  I understand that this issue will be
normatively referred to in any communications on issue #29.

Chris Lilley has started an excellent discussion on the various options for
ID attributes [2], so I won't duplicate that work.  A number of responders
have said they are quite supportive of providing a definition of IDs as part
of any new work on XMLProfiles, such as the Web Services Architecture
Working Group [3].  There is also some pushback, so it seems worthy to have
a continued discussion, and the TAG should attempt to quickly reach
consensus.

I imagine that Chris Lilley could easily post a revision of his summary
under a new issue.

Cheers,
Dave

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#xmlProfiles-29