Re: KR, meet WWW. was: Clarifying what a URL identifies (Four Uses of a URL)

From: Roy T. Fielding <fielding@apache.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 16:05:42 -0800
Cc: <www-tag@w3.org>
To: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>

> Indeed, Roy sees no problem when he just implements a libwww.

Just to clarify, I see no problem in the Web Architecture because,
as we agreed in the very first meeting of the TAG (though it isn't
in the minutes), the Web Architecture that we are describing is the
one that exists currently, not the ones that are being invented by
the SWAG and WSAG.  We are supposed to agree on the principles of
the existing architecture and be sure they are carried forward
(or modified when appropriate) for the new architectures.

If you would like to change (or simply correct) my understanding of
what we had agreed to do, then please let us all know.  That would
encourage me to completely rewrite the document into something that
I think both of us would agree to in terms of the past and future Web
being one Web with multiple system interfaces.  As it stands, every
time I try to describe the properties of the current Web, I get
rebuked for not taking into account the needs of the Semantic Web,
which I have never been intending to describe in the first place.

....Roy