Re: argument from authority considered pointless

From: Jeff Bone <jbone@deepfile.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 14:19:26 -0600
Cc: www-tag@w3.org
To: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>

On Wednesday, Jan 22, 2003, at 13:37 US/Central, Simon St.Laurent wrote:

> Roy Fielding intones:
>> Sandro, you aren't qualified to have that argument.
>
> Comments like the above - which are far from unusual in the URI space -
> do absolutely nothing to further the conversation.

With all due respect to Roy, and despite the fact that I agree with his
position --- I have to second Simon's comments.  Argument from
authority always counterproductive and usually insulting.  Impatience
is one thing, but explaining yourself and your position is the price of
such "authority."

$0.02,

jb