RE: Site metadata; my preference

From: Joshua Allen <joshuaa@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 13:11:34 -0800
To: <Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com>, <jonathan@openhealth.org>, <ylafon@w3.org>, <distobj@acm.org>, <timbl@w3.org>
Cc: <www-tag@w3.org>

> The semantics of GET simply do not fit the needs of

> knowledge retrieval about resources. GET is for getting

> *representations* not descriptions, and any attempt to

> make it do double duty will result in confusion.

RDF is nothing more that one representation of a description.  It seems eminently appropriate to use GET to retrieve RDF documents which represent knowledge about various resources.  I see no real added value in trying to pretend that RDF is not a representation and creating a parallel HTTP universe.