Re: Valid representations, canonical representations, and what the SW needs from the Web...

From: Seairth Jacobs <seairth@seairth.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 10:52:38 -0500
To: "www-tag" <www-tag@w3.org>

From: <Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com>
> > From: Jeffrey Winter [mailto:JeffreyWinter@crd.com]
> > Also, how
> > could you ever express meta-metadata?
> Or did you mean something else by "meta-metadata"?

I think Jeff was pointing out that they RDF returned could itself have
metadata attached to it.  Using OPTIONS, you could do something like:

OPTIONS http://example.invalid/foo

200 OK

Now you can just use the good ol' GET, PUT, and DELETE to work with the RDF
document at that URI.  Further, it would then be possible to issue:

OPTIONS http://example/invalid/meta/foo

and get back

200 OK

And so on...

I should also point out that Roger Costello and David Jacobs were
recommending a similar technique using a new http header.  Details for that
can be found on distributed-registry at yahoo groups.  Personally, I prefer
the OPTIONS method.

Seairth Jacobs